Multi FX

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15928

Is there a high quality Multi FX ( don't need amp modelling ) nice chorus ...Leslie....shimmery stuff that is quite small  and modular  and can be set on the floor for switching and live use.....just thinking out loud folks....

I am currently happy with my reverb and delay but just looking to see what's out there to expand the time based FX

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited July 2018
    @Gassage was selling a Boss ME-500 that might fit the bill. 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/135410/fs-boss-md500#latest
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Depending on your budget it sounds like a helix fx would be perfect.  
    Unless you just want the modulation type effects in which case strymon Mobius is also worth a look.  
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    John_P said:
    Unless you just want the modulation type effects in which case strymon Mobius is also worth a look.  
    What's up with the HX modulations?  There are some great chorus's and the uni vibe is as good as I've heard.  Nowt wrong with any of the other mods either, IMO it's the best multi fx available if you don't want modelling, and it's amazingly cheap too
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    John_A said:
    John_P said:
    What's up with the HX modulations?  There are some great chorus's and the uni vibe is as good as I've heard.  Nowt wrong with any of the other mods either, IMO it's the best multi fx available if you don't want modelling, and it's amazingly cheap too
    Nothing and the hx is the one I would choose, but the OP said he was happy with his reverb and delay so just suggesting an alternative if he wanted a pedal to focus on modulation and keep his current pedals. 

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Sorry @John_P I missed the 'just' when reading your post and dived in with my defend the Helix routine :)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9449
    Helix HX.

Honestly mate, it's brilliant.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I really feel like I am going a bit insane. I honestly believe the fx on the helix are pretty poor.
    There are a few fx that are good but I am just not hearing what everyone else is. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    I really feel like I am going a bit insane. I honestly believe the fx on the helix are pretty poor.
    There are a few fx that are good but I am just not hearing what everyone else is. 
    I tried the full fat Helix for a few months and I thought the effects were 'ok' to 'meh'.....some of the drives were nice.

I am tempted to try a Helix HX effects to see if I really delved into it properly, but then I see my Thorpy pedals, Boss pedals, etc, and just think I'm duplicating things.
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    I tried the full fat Helix for a few months and I thought the effects were 'ok' to 'meh'.....some of the drives were nice.
    Funnily enough I like the hx fx apart from the drives! :) still a nice bit of kit definitely.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really feel like I am going a bit insane. I honestly believe the fx on the helix are pretty poor.
    Completely agree. I've never taken to the effects on the Helix at all.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    Zoom MS50G will fit the bill (not that I've got one to sell).  You can load all the effects from the MS70CDR now too with the latest firmware, and some of them are fantastic.
  • Line 6 m5 can be had super cheap for mod stuff. Maybe the old mm4 ? Probably be able get either for £50
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

I think the verbs and delays are pretty good now, but some of the mods are pretty uninspiring, chorus and flange for example.
    I really like the Helix as an overall package but do miss quite a few pedals I got rid of when I downsized my board.
    Some of the effects are also hard to dial in, too many options, which has me hankering for simple 3 knob stomp boxes.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I should say I do really like what it offers me as a recording interface and I know its super flexible. 
    But all my noise still come from pedals
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    cbellanga said:
    Funnily enough I like the hx fx apart from the drives! :) still a nice bit of kit definitely.
    It's weird isn't it! We all have different takes on these things, especially with variables like amps, other pedals, rooms, etc....

I do think the HX effects is a step in the right direction, but I love having a physical pedal that I can tweak without too many options.