SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB ABY Pedal

What's Hot
JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
Hey people! 

Looking for an ABY pedal - ideally a Radial Big Shot or Twin City? Anyone?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    Possibly not what you want but I've got a Fender ABY pedal for £18 posted 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    edited July 2018
    I have the Fender one. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Silent operation. No discernible tone loss. Can't see why anyone would spend more really.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3113
    edited July 2018 tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    I have the Fender one. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Silent operation. No discernible tone loss. Can't see why anyone would spend more really.
    Because it doesn't have ground lift and phase reversal switches, which the far superior Bright Onion unit does - http://www.brightonion.co.uk/active-aby-pedal-with-isolated-second-output/
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

RiftAmps said:
    Hattigol said:
    Because it doesn't have ground lift and phase reversal switches, which the far superior Bright Onion unit does - http://www.brightonion.co.uk/active-aby-pedal-with-isolated-second-output/
    True, but the Bright Onion one costs 3x as much - so depends on your budget, other gear, and requirements. 
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    That Bright Onion one is pretty good value! Thanks for the Fender offer but in the past when I tried the Ehx switchblade which doesn't have a ground lift I had a few issues!
    My world feels like a better place for not knowing what ground lift is.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Basically stops hum. 
    joetele said:
    Hattigol said:
    Basically stops hum. 
    I use a mix of snake oil and fish glue from the 50s to get rid of the hum which wasn't there in the first place.
    I heartily recommend it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    joetele said:
    Hattigol said:
    Basically stops hum. 
    I use a mix of snake oil and fish glue from the 50s to get rid of the hum which wasn't there in the first place.
    I heartily recommend it.
    You're being very naughty. 
    joetele said:
    Hattigol said:
    joetele said:
    Hattigol said:
    Basically stops hum. 
    I heartily recommend it.
    I say fish glue. I obviously mean haddock glue, not the vastly tonally inferior cod glue that they replaced it with in 1952. Heaven forbid...
    Berk
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    Hattigol said:
    joetele said:
    Hattigol said:
    joetele said:
    Hattigol said:
    Basically stops hum. 
    I heartily recommend it.
    I say fish glue. I obviously mean haddock glue, not the vastly tonally inferior cod glue that they replaced it with in 1952. Heaven forbid...

Hmm, doesn't know the purpose of "ground lift", and yet, instead of taking the opportunity to learn/find out, feels the need to mock others who do understand what it's for.

I'll be gentle with you as I'm feeling kind. Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_lift
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2018
    Hmm, doesn't know the purpose of "ground lift", and yet, instead of taking the opportunity to learn/find out, feels the need to mock others who do understand what it's for.

I'll be gentle with you as I'm feeling kind. Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_lift
    Thanks very much for the condescension and the kindness. I feel like I've been patted on the head and given an apple.

There was no mocking of anyone. It's called humour but I appreciate that not everybody has a sense of it.

Anyway, in case you missed it (or didn't understand it), I'll be gentle back by repeating:

"My world feels like a better place for not knowing what ground lift is". (Note the lack of the words "so please explain it to me").
    In fairness, in other posts on the forum you have expressed issues with hum etc. so it might be something that is useful in future if you are experimenting with dual amp setups
  • I’ve got a lehle Little dual for sale on here. Will do the job you require
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    The bright onion one is excellent, totally transformer isolated so guaranteed no hum issues ever
    JohnCordy said:
    In fairness, in other posts on the forum you have expressed issues with hum etc. so it might be something that is useful in future if you are experimenting with dual amp setups
    That was from a wah pedal power supply. Resolved by changing to a separate one - before binning it entirely!

I am happily hum-free.
  • I have a Radial Big Shot for sale £60 plus post