Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Have a wow Mike!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Cheers.

Sadly the other 2 packs were mostly green and orange.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    orange is good, it's the new black apparently.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    In order of greatness: Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green

(have I missed any?)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    In order of greatness: Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green

(have I missed any?)

This is correct.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    edited January 2015
    Is it weird that my favourites are yellow, orange and green?
    Stop crying, start buying
    Moss said:
    Is it weird that my favourites are yellow, orange and green?
    Yes. you pervert.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    The green are clearly the best.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Lixarto said:
    The green are clearly the best.
    This.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2015
    Well I've had a rough few days, but I have an idea for a band that I've been nursing for a few days as well, and I'm gonna put it into action.

And yes, the green Fruit Pastilles are the best.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • WAY COOL

We have a weighbridge site on test, it's out in the sticks. I established a VPN connection from the windoze machine on my desk, and remote logged in via putty to the linux machine that controls the site hardware. I can read device status from here and even set barriers to go up or down :)

Like I said, WAY COOL
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Take that CP Plus!

I got a parking fine from these cowboys from an incident last September.

I was in a hire car (booked through work) that had a flat on the motorway, luckily I was right by the slip-road for the Stafford services on the M6 so I pulled into the services.

The hire car didn't have a spare wheel so I had to contact the hire company and they eventually sent out a local tyre fitter.

All that took about 3 hours, so of course my number plate got logged by the cameras in and out and I was over the parking limit, hence the fine.

Anyway my appeal has been upheld and the fine cancelled!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @not_the_dj wow duly awarded. well done sir!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    @not_the_dj wow duly awarded. well done sir!
    I am a little bit proud of myself. Even though I was on company business any fines would have been down to me as an individual to pay (it was £50 plus a £27 administration fee!)

I took photos of the tyre, and the repair van when it arrived, all time stamped and with the car reg in the photo, fully expecting this to happen so I made sure I had proof to back up my story. Not sure if they would have cancelled it otherwise.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2015
    I've finally made up my mind, and without burning any bridges or making a scene (apart from on here :D) I'm letting go of one particular person I really didn't need in my life, despite thinking I did for a good couple of months. Onwards and upwards from now on, forever. Now to find new people who don't treat me like shit and who realise what I have to give.

Because I'm sod-buggering well worth it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

@Bucket I'd leave those who don't support you when the chips are down behind, and stick with those who do.

It's often said you have 5 real friends through your life, let them come to you. They'll be there because they WANT to be there. I found this shit out the hard way.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347
    mike_l;492921" said:
    @Bucket I'd leave those who don't support you when the chips are down behind, and stick with those who do.It's often said you have 5 real friends through your life, let them come to you. They'll be there because they WANT to be there. I found this shit out the hard way.
    Wisdom awarded. As I said in an earlier post, friends that treat you like shit aren't actually friends. Make yourself feel better in the meantime with healthy doses of meaningful casual sex. ;)

After trying for ages, I've finally got size 34 trousers to fit, without being excessively tight.

Yay.

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Just booked my flights for a mates stag-do in Hamburg in May this year, flights to Thailand with my girlfriend (who paid for the flights) flying out on 28th December for a couple weeks.

This is on top of the villa in Majorca that my Dad has paid for in August....Pretty good year of holidays for this year to be honest-A stag do, a family one, and one with the Mrs...and I've not paid for a fraction of it-which is nice! 

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l said:

After trying for ages, I've finally got size 34 trousers to fit, without being excessively tight.

Yay.

Well done Sir!