SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Fishman Rare Earth Single Coil pickup boxed

KeefyKeefy Frets: 2284
edited August 2018 in Acoustics £
I had this installed in my Taylor but no longer use it, so it has to go in order to fund the purchase of new shiny things.

If you are not familiar with Fishman soundhole pickups, the less expensive Neo-D models are passive, whereas the pricier Rare Earth models (like this one) have a built in pre-amp and require batteries. They have about twice the output level of the Neo-Ds 9i have compared them).

It is dead easy to install the pickup in a regular soundhole, you just slip it into place and tighten a couple of Philips screws. Cork pads protect your guitar's finish. You can either let the lead dangle out of the soundhole and plug a regular guitar lead into the in-line socket (which switches on the power), or install the socket in place of your strap pin. Most Taylor guitars are fitted with a strap pin that can be quickly removed to leave a hole the correct size to take the socket. Other brands may require that a hole is drilled and reamed out.

The pickup takes two '357' 1.5V button batteries or one '1/3N' 3V Lithium battery. I still have the original button batteries, and they are still reading nearly 1.6V! I will also include a 1/3N which I bought as a spare and never used, and which still reads over 3.3V. I do recommend fresh ones before too long though...

The pickup is in excellent nick, with all its cable intact. It comes in the original (rather dusty!) box with instructions (and a sticker!)

Here is a short clip of it in use, recorded direct with a little bit of compression and reverb - I don't think I EQ'd it at all.

I am looking for £70 delivered within the UK. The only trade that would interest me would be an inexpensive Klon clone. GOT ONE

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments