Johan Segeborn plays a Modulus Kit

What's Hot
Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Got sent a link to this last night, I supply kits all over the world and don't actually get to see where they end up most of the time, or if they even get finished. Anyway this one went to Dan in Sweden and ended up in Johan's video with a tasty 59 LP and Strat.

They really are cranking the amp in the video to get the sounds that are there, I won't say I like all the sounds but it does give an overview of how the amp can sound. I think it is very hard to try to recreate the way a amp sounds when cranked.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Sounds great to my ears. I love how he cranks the snot out of everything. There is just something special about that level of volume and that Trainwreck kit is ace!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Sounds great to my ears. I love how he cranks the snot out of everything. There is just something special about that level of volume and that Trainwreck kit is ace!
    yeah, you can really hear the EL84 squeal in delight
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    Sounded pretty awesome, do you do a "Liverpool" style one as well?

And do you build completed amps for those of us whose soldering (and indeed general making stuff) skills have been described variously as "lacking", "treacherous" and "eye-watering"?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @prlgmnr said:
    Sounded pretty awesome, do you do a "Liverpool" style one as well?

And do you build completed amps for those of us whose soldering (and indeed general making stuff) skills have been described variously as "lacking", "treacherous" and "eye-watering"?
    Yes, I have built Liverpools and Expresses in the past too, but have not had time to pull together a kit for them yet.

I build amps all the time, the Gryphin range are some of my own designs, I also do replica builds.

PM me if you want some details.

Cheers

Michael
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3260
    tFB Trader
    I left a comment about not enough clean sounds, that's where you hear the difference between vintage guitars and modern to my ears, to be fair I'm also bored of those type of clips all gained up all the time

I like your amp stuff Mike and have built from parts from you
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    I left a comment about not enough clean sounds, that's where you hear the difference between vintage guitars and modern to my ears, to be fair I'm also bored of those type of clips all gained up all the time

I like your amp stuff Mike and have built from parts from you
    I get that, he has a reputation for cranking amps right up, which to be fair not a lot of people can do/get away with, it is bags of fun so I get why he does it, interesting point about hearing guitars though.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    I think Johan's tones are cracking, but I can take or leave the other chap.

Presumably that's a Rocket?
    tFB Trader
    @Dodge said:
    I think Johan's tones are cracking, but I can take or leave the other chap.

Presumably that's a Rocket?
    yes pretty much a rocket by schematic