Anyone use a haze machine?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
Toying with getting a haze machine to replace the aging smoke machine that some venues don’t like.    Anyone have any recomendations? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• David5150David5150 Frets: 118

We use a Chauvet Hurricane and found it so much better than a smoke machine.

Has a handy remote control that our singer jabs at now again to top the haze up but less is more.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    Hire one first.

Some singers throats are more susceptable to the chemicals than others. Try before you buy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Thanks chaps.      I’ll only use it with a couple of singers that are fine with regular smoke machines and I only use simple lights when hiring out the PA.   

Ill have a look at the chauvet - looks like they do a cheapish model with dmx so they could work.   
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Would the venue know it's not a smoke machine? I keep being asked not to use my gig machine so is it different enough to be able to tell apart?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Would the venue know it's not a smoke machine? I keep being asked not to use my gig machine so is it different enough to be able to tell apart?
    The haze won’t have a blast of smoke so it used lightly it will only ever give a light mist in the air - just enough to set of the lights rather than the way smoke acts in bursts that annoy customers and smoke alarms.    
    Used excessively they could be as annoying as a smoke machine but I think you would have to really misusing it for that to happen.  
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    John_P said:
    The haze won’t have a blast of smoke so it used lightly it will only ever give a light mist in the air - just enough to set of the lights rather than the way smoke acts in bursts that annoy customers and smoke alarms.    
    Used excessively they could be as annoying as a smoke machine but I think you would have to really misusing it for that to happen.  
    I think I might have to check them out then :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/