Oil City Pickups ... the beast awakens! (Bass content)

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10376
in Made in the UK tFB Trader

Following on from the experiments that @Bridgehouse ; started me on ... a Jazz Bass version of the 'Rick-sound-alike' bass pickup. This should be on sale soon :-) 
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    And so it starts ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10376
    tFB Trader
    Snarls and clangs like a bugger ... put a massive grin on my face.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Snarls and clangs like a bugger ... put a massive grin on my face.
    Much better position by the bridge compared to mine - horses for courses though of course ;)

In years to come people will wonder where this crazy idea came from!!
    tFB Trader
    I may follow your lead and fit a Grainger bridge ... it's not a bad JB copy, but let down seriously by the hardware. Makes a great pickup test bass mind.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Sound samples??
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    Sound samples??
    Will set this up with Tim my Business partner: he has a Rickenbacker so we will do some a/b recordings ... hopefully next week.

• valevale Frets: 1052
    i really wish you the very best with it @TheGuitarWeasel
    it was cool that you found a challenge to set your imagination spinning in that ricky sound thread.

i also think your test-bed bass, solid body & with a more central pickup placement, will balance out the tone even better than the demos we've already heard.

keep the updates and demos coming.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...