Red Panda Particle V2...

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
Anyone heard any more news on this, on a grapevine or otherwise, release dates, etc?

This is one that is etched in stone as one to add to the board, now that my V1 is sold.

From Red Panda:

New in Particle Version 2 (subject to change):
  • Stereo in/out (TRS)
  • 1.8 second delay time
  • Soft touch footswitches
  • Freeze footswitch
  • Tap tempo with divisions
  • Assignable expression pedal
  • USB MIDI and firmware updates
  • Additional parameters via MIDI
  • Presets (4 on front, 128 via MIDI)
  • Smoother pitch shifting
  • Higher sampling rate
  • Higher headroom, lower noise
  • Smaller enclosure (3” x 4.6”)
Especially interested in the presets element, the smoother pitch-shifting....well everything about it really.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    owww interesting
    TGP might be worth a look?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    RP said July initially, so far I haven't even been able to find a photo. 
  • tweaknoobtweaknoob Frets: 2
    I've been trying to find updates since the announcement. No news
  • Taken from RP’s Facebook page. I think the unpainted silver one second from the right, bottom row, might be a V2 prototype. The 4 LEDs may be for the 4 presets available on the front: https://imgur.com/gallery/03SZB3s
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Makes sense, it's in the new Tensor-size enclosure too. Exciting!
  • VJIves said:
    Makes sense, it's in the new Tensor-size enclosure too. Exciting!
    It really is! Did have a thought: whether the smoother pitch-shifting mode will have parameters whereby you can set the note intervals, like the Thermae.
  • They said a month or so ago that there was going to be a prototype at a guitar show in New York but I couldn't find any evidence of this happening.

More controllable pitch shifting would be great. Also there's a setting I really like on the delay LFO mode where you can get a pulsating drone type sound. Curious if it'll be easier to dial in the pitch to the key you're playing in.
  • Asked Red Panda for an update earlier. End of July has been pushed out a bit, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though:

'The Particle V2 will be out by the end of the year, we will be sure to keep everybody updated on demos and preorders when we are ready and they are available. Thank you for your interest, we are really looking forward to getting this into musicians hands.'
    They had to do a whole bunch of updates to the Tensor in the weeks following that pedal being released, I imagine that ate into Particle 2 time.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom