Rush on Sky Arts.

What's Hot
Rush:Time Stand Still was on Sky Arts last night but is on again at Wednesday at 3.00 am to record. Also had the Time Machine concert film.
Sky Arts are pretty comprehensive with their catch up so easy to access.
One of my favourite bands. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The documentary "Beyond the Lighted Stage" is brilliant. And on Netflix. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I'll see if that's on catch-up. I've still got the making of Moving Pictures & 2112 saved on my Sky box.
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 987
    The docu was good, but the show pretty naff.  A lot of the "average" rush tunes and the good ones sung with different tunes...
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    I started towatch it but, never having been a fan of Rush (I can't stand the vocals). The programme seemed to have airbrushed their first drummer out of the picture and nobody explained why Tom Hanks now seems to be on drums.
  • @bacchanalian it's on catch up. Why record?
  • @bacchanalian it's on catch up. Why record?
    It is only on catch up until 4 September.  With my diary commitments I may not get a chance to view until Q1 2019.

Did you watch it yourself?
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    I caught the end of it and it was good. I'm not a huge Rush fan but it's always interesting to see this sort of thing.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I am a rush fan.. I don't have sky.. methinks this warrents a trip to the mother in law's ;) 

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    It was a really good programme; the bit about them drinking Thin Lizzy under the table in the back of their camper van was funny.

I liked the bit on their last tour where they went back in time from current day to starting point, stripping down the backline  and ending up with a couple of amps on school chairs.

I also downloaded one of their concert videos on Sky.
  • prowla said:
    It was a really good programme; the bit about them drinking Thin Lizzy under the table in the back of their camper van was funny.

I liked the bit on their last tour where they went back in time from current day to starting point, stripping down the backline  and ending up with a couple of amps on school chairs.

I also downloaded one of their concert videos on Sky.
    Which one did you download? Snakes and Arrows/R30/TIme machine are my favourites.
  • Finally had a chance to watch Time Stand Still

Brilliant! One of the truly great bands. A few very moving moments - Hall of Fame crowd, Alex's arthritis and when Neil joined Alex and Geddy on stage at the end of the final show.

• Got into Rush at 13 via a mates older brother and been a lifelong fan. Seen them 25 times across the UK and met them in ‘83.
    love them
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom