Pseudo delay/reverb/echo from pa and/or monitors

What's Hot
paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
edited August 2018 in Live
I played a stage at a local festival over the weekend with a sound man and PA provided by the venue.

There were quite a few occasions where I experienced an off putting echo/reverb/delay coming from the monitors and/or FOH.

This was most noticeable (and annoying) during a few of my solo's - though my rolled back rhythm tones did not suffer with the same problem. 

I checked my pedal settings mid solo and the same with my amp (my amp doesn't even have any reverb or fx) and I hadn't switched anything on that I shouldn't have. 

My other half out front said is was fairly prominent at times and sounded bloody awful. 

What could this have been? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    It could have been vocal mics picking the sound from your amp and the effects on those mics.    
    Or the engineer might have added some effects - intentionally thinking he’s helping or by accident routing the wrong channel though the fx.  

If it only happened in the louder sections I’d lean towards a mic picking it up - he might have a gate on the mic that wasn’t triggered by the quieter playing.  

• I often add reverb and delay to a guitar channel when mixing live bands and want the guitar solo to sound huge especially when they are doing Pink Floyd covers etc . I also sometimes forget to take the effects off when the solo has stopped, I expect that is what happened here, although I was at a festival in high Wycombe this weekend so it wasn’t me
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Reminds me of playing this gig - nice subtle first track, but listen to what the soundman does to the kick from just after 1:10 - it sounded like a canon going off on the stage!