SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wiring harness for single cut, one vol, one tone

What's Hot
blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
Hello everyone 

Has anyone got a good quality wiring harness which would fit a PRS Soapbar Model ?

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    A more precise description, including the pot resistance values and tapers, would help. So would the distances between the pots and the other harness components. 

I dare say that, given the correct measurements, the guitar builders and pickup makers on this forum could assemble a harness from scratch for you.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    A more precise description, including the pot resistance values and tapers, would help. So would the distances between the pots and the other harness components. 

I dare say that, given the correct measurements, the guitar builders and pickup makers on this forum could assemble a harness from scratch for you.
    Yes I have had them made from folks like Shuggz and may contact Ash but just wondered if anyone had one handy to sell. 

Im no expert of pots, values and stuff like that. Just want like for like but better quality. 

Thanks thiugh. 
  • You’re looking for a 500k log pot for the volume, and then a 250 or 500k linear pot for the tone, depending on whether you prefer your P90s to be a little darker (former) or brighter (latter) through the range. Are you after a full loom, or just the parts?
    @guitargeek62 Ah thanks man, I’ll be after the 500k linear pot as I like em bright ;)

I have just picked up a lovely original run of the lovely SE Soapbar in cherry red and it plays really nicely.  Kinda forgot how good these guitars are!! Light as a feather , really resonant and good quality. 

Its probably more practical to get the full loom and possibly a set of mojos.  

What would you suggest ?
  • They really are! I’ve got the option of buying my old one back atm actually and I’m sorely tempted. I sold it to a friend a few years back and he’s certainly given it a hard time, but it’s still a great little guitar.

Personally, I’d make the loom yourself if you have the tools, otherwise I’d be more than happy to help if needed? I like the taper on Alpha pots, plus they’re a fair bit cheaper than CTS etc. I do prefer switchraft toggles for their feel and consistency, and I tend not to give a hoot as to the type of capacitor used (e.g. carbon film /  ceramic disk / PIO / etc.).
    @guitargeek62 ;

A beat up Soapbar SE = Extra coolness ;) I’ll get some pics up of this one I have snagged. It’s in lovely nick but the volume and tone pots are a bit iffy hence the need for wiring etc. 

How much would it cost if you could put it together for me? I am useless at these things.  

Thanks man
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Will drop you a PM - wouldn’t be much, but my work’s not as perfect as Mojo et al!  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom