Damn... broke my arm.

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Rubbish. You can still play bass with that.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    That looks nasty. I saw injuries like that in karate - and saw grown men cry ;)

Seriously, consider maybe starting to put a book together. There are no end of guitar setup/maintenance/repair publications available but very little on amps. I still have to refer to my dog-eared well-thumbed copy of the Aspen Pittman book that I've had since college days. You are just the guy to do the job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    I'm sure it can be fixed with WD40 and gaffa tape. 

Get well soon @ICBM
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Sadly not... and unfortunately it looks like I will need a small bit of surgery too.

I have to say I felt humbled by the knowledge and skill of the staff at the hospital, particularly given that they don't always get such a 'model' patient as they said I was. Everything was explained carefully and clearly with no trace of professional dismissiveness, I let them get on with it, and they did a perfect job.

I can only imagine the sort of things they see on a Friday and Saturday night.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    ICBM said:
    Sadly not... and unfortunately it looks like I will need a small bit of surgery too.

I have to say I felt humbled by the knowledge and skill of the staff at the hospital, particularly given that they don't always get such a 'model' patient as they said I was. Everything was explained carefully and clearly with no trace of professional dismissiveness, I let them get on with it, and they did a perfect job.

I can only imagine the sort of things they see on a Friday and Saturday night.
    It's so nice to hear about the NHS doing what they do so well.

So often we get stories to the contrary, but the truth of the matter is that there are some exceptionally talented people under extreme stress who just get on with it, put the patient first, and do an incredibly good job. Hats off to them.  

Again, GWS and hope the surgery goes well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    ICBM said:
    usedtobe said:
    Glad you didn’t get the ticket, at least. All the best!
    The annoying thing is that the loss of income over the next few weeks means it would have been far better to take the ticket instead. I won’t be able to do my mail-order packing job either, even if I could get myself there...
    Yeah, good point, well made! Still, all the best, man! 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    Get well soon Bro

John
    tae be or not tae be
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1238
    Clumsy Bastard.

GWS!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Oof !  Get a couple of different strength Gripmasters to stop the tendons getting too atrophied.  The uber-light one was hard going for me in the begining after my radial head elbow fracture.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Nasty! 

At least the time off work means you’ll have time to chillax. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Ouch. A lot.

Some people will do anything to get out of a parking ticket ;-)

Get better soon!

What's that film where the baddie is a one-armed hitman? Something about this reminds me of it.

;)

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited August 2018
    I remember sitting in A&E as Sheena was near collapsing some Fri/Sat nights - folk coming in drunk and blood on their person from fights, drug users getting admitted and once when we were 4 hours in and she felt she was going to pass out, we got moved to a private room to wait - I say private, but there was a criminal in handcuffs next to us with two police! Obviously it wasn't all folk like that but there was quite a lot and it really extended waiting times.
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    Time for some one finger typing to put some maintenance/repair type manuals together. Photo copied and stapled I'd gladly pay for some of your knowledge. Get well soon. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    ICBM said:

What's that film where the baddie is a one-armed hitman? Something about this reminds me of it.

;)

:)
    The Fugitive ( TV series then film)? If I get to be Harrison Ford.

I remember sitting in A&E as Sheena was near collapsing some Fri/Sat nights - folk coming in drunk and blood on their person from fights, drug users getting admitted and once when we were 4 hours in and she felt she was going to pass out, we got moved to a private room to wait - I say private, but there was a criminal in handcuffs next to us with two police! Obviously it wasn't all folk like that but there was quite a lot and it really extended waiting times.
    I had to go with my father to A and E a couple of times on Saturday nights. Quite a few police, people obviously drunk and prisoners in cuffs with prison officers. I remember the TV up on the wall in a cage playing silently like something out of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. The staff were brilliant with my dad, I got the impression he provided light relief from the drunks. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    EricTheWeary said:

I had to go with my father to A and E a couple of times on Saturday nights. Quite a few police, people obviously drunk and prisoners in cuffs with prison officers. I remember the TV up on the wall in a cage playing silently like something out of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. The staff were brilliant with my dad, I got the impression he provided light relief from the drunks. 
    I was lucky enough that it was early Thursday afternoon, so probably about as quiet and civilised as it gets. There were still a couple of policemen guarding a young man though.

I've been to A&E on a Saturday night before, with a girl I had gone out with who fell down some stairs and bashed her head open. It was like a war zone... but I then made the discovery that if you say "I've got a girl with a head injury here" you jump the queue very rapidly!

On Thursday there was an old lady who had clearly bumped her head who got in in front of me while I was waiting too, which didn't bother me in the slightest.

• brooombrooom Frets: 1174
    get better dude!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    :o Owwwww! Get well soon fella. Looks like you did a proper job on that arm.
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    Ooft! Sorry to hear that buddy. 
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    heal well IBCM ...