Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sasquatch Jam (Feb 16/17th 2019) Songlist Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    Put me down for paradise city.
    :lol:
    @thomasross20 That is actually doable. If you be Slash, I'll be Izzy! We need someone to sing it though.

If no-one else volunteers first I'll sing anything so don't worry about that.
    How's your high Db coming on? Gonna need some tight pants to reach those heady heights. In fact unless you can convince people to tune down to Eb, which usually doesn't go down too well, it'll be a high D. 

Axl does present a vocal challenge.  
    It would be a challenge indeed, hard to do for the gig, possibly more of a Sunday jam number in any case?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Snags said:
    If it's Hawkwind can't we do a real one? :)  Needle Gun, Magnu, Hurry on Sundown, Dragons and Fables, Space is Deep, Kings of Speed (which absolutely isn't identical to Needle Gun no no no no).

Or chuck in a Calvert? Urban Guerilla anyone?
    Indeed ... what a fantastic selection! Was playing Urban and Hurry amongst other things tonight. Happy with any of those.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    fandango said:
    Snags said:
    If it's Hawkwind can't we do a real one? :)  Needle Gun, Magnu, Hurry on Sundown, Dragons and Fables, Space is Deep, Kings of Speed (which absolutely isn't identical to Needle Gun no no no no).

Indeed ... what a fantastic selection! Was playing Urban and Hurry amongst other things tonight. Happy with any of those.

Let’s make sure we get one in for you - you’ll need to make sure there’s a few others to join you on it ;)
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I can do the intro to Silver Machine on the hand dryer at work!
    LuttiS said:
    I can do the intro to Silver Machine on the hand dryer at work!
    I’d pay to see you bring that along...
  • Eh are we actually going to try paradise city? :lol:  If you're serious then let me know so I can dust off the electric! 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited August 2018
    So this is for Huddersfield Feb..
     I'll have it down no probs by then and even dress as Slash....

I can do sweet child in my sleep so be good to try another one. Nightrain also  cool but I'll settle on any!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    fandango said:
    Snags said:

Let’s make sure we get one in for you - you’ll need to make sure there’s a few others to join you on it ;)
    Earth Calling .... This is Earth Calling .... @Snags ..... you have a preference?
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    @fandango Not off the top of my head. I've got a long drive on Friday, I'll subject Mrs Snags to a Hawkfest. My only real 'objection' (for want of a better word) to Silver Machine is it's a bit obvious and there's an extensive catalogue to.choose from :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    I think we have a solid longlist of both "Saturday/gig" and "Sunday/work and jam" songs now.

BUT - if anyone hasn't chipped in, do!  The fact that there are lot of suggestions does not mean yours will be at the bottom, shortlist comes from the entire long list!  I'm putting everything on.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    I think we have a solid longlist of both "Saturday/gig" and "Sunday/work and jam" songs now.

BUT - if anyone hasn't chipped in, do!  The fact that there are lot of suggestions does not mean yours will be at the bottom, shortlist comes from the entire long list!  I'm putting everything on.
    And if you feel you’ve missed out - pipe up - everyone who pays and comes gets at least one song that they really want to do!
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited August 2018
    Just FYI I still remember about 90% of paradise city and play it about 90% note for note, hope that's ok. And it's a tricky one! Will try to record it sometime..

This sort of thing really gears you up.. almost gives you a reason for living (serious)! 
    Just FYI I still remember about 90% of paradise city and play it about 90% note for note, hope that's ok. And it's a tricky one! Will try to record it sometime..

This sort of thing really gears you up.. almost gives you a reason for living (serious)! 
    We will tolerate note for note perfection seeing as it’s you ;)
  • Lol.. hopefully my slash wig will distract folk.. totally awesome!!
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    @Snags I couldn't name a single Hawkwind tune apart from Silver Machine and Sonic Attack, but love 'em all the same. Saw them early 80s, and last year. Bring it on.

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169

I'm working on Ace of Spades now so would love to play it at the gig. Recording less important.
    pmbomb said:

I'm working on Ace of Spades now so would love to play it at the gig. Recording less important.
    Legend ;)
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Got to say I’ve lost the plot on the proposed song list a bit, so can an initial list be posted and we can work from that pls?
    TADodger said:
    Got to say I’ve lost the plot on the proposed song list a bit, so can an initial list be posted and we can work from that pls?
    That's ok - the organising team did a bit too :)

We are sorted now - and published lists will be forthcoming. Quad is a priority due to proximity, but Sasquatch will follow toot suite
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    @fandango to give @darthed1981 a chance to pull something together, how about picking one of Kings of Speed or Urban Guerilla?  The former is probably one of the easier to do without synth/horns, the latter has a more interesting vocal.
This discussion has been closed.