Two used K-Line Springfields at Charlie Chandlers Guitar Experience

What's Hot
Not affiliated with CCGE, although I've had some excellent setups from these guys over the years. FYI there are two gorgeous looking Springfields in the second hand section, also very reasonably priced for custom shop quality guitar.   
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If I didn’t already own a sunburst I’d be on to that ice blue one
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    Very good prices
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5013
    edited August 2018
    They’ve had them in for a few weeks now and I’m surprised they’re still there, considering what K-Lines cost new and what they’ve sold for on here. I saw them in the flesh the other week and they look ok but I wasn’t tempted to try one out. The sfg one has a proper Strat headstock so presumably is an older one. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Yes considering how much they retail new, superb prices. Love my Springfield I’ve had the same strings on mine for over two years, played gigs and rehearsed loads and it still sounds brilliant.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2522
    They sold the best one when the first came in.. Shoreline gold. It was very tasty 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
    I don't need amother Strat but that SFG one looks great for that price. I've had a few Springfields and they are consistently good, the Klein pickups especially so to my ears.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5013
    They sold the best one when the first came in.. Shoreline gold. It was very tasty 
    I narrowly missed that one, unfortunately.  :s
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5412
    The SFG is a bargain - the Callaham upgrade alone is a) worthy and b) over £140 at retail...
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    Odd how the blue one with the 'wrong' headstock is £100 more.  The Lollar pickups making the difference perhaps?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5412
    StefB said:
    Odd how the blue one with the 'wrong' headstock is £100 more.  The Lollar pickups making the difference perhaps?
    That's what I figured... they're nice, but pickups are such an easy swap on anything...
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1711
    Look cheap enough 
  • StefB said:
    It's because the earlier ones were partscasters. He makes everything himself now, and has done since the headstock change. If I was going for one (and at any other time I would be - that's a SERIOUS bargain!) it would undoubtedly be the ice blue one. He really started hitting his stride when he started making them from scratch himself.

His guitars are Master built quality, absolutely tremendous guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446

Do look very nice.  Already have two Strats though.

• StefB said:
    It's because the earlier ones were partscasters. He makes everything himself now, and has done since the headstock change. If I was going for one (and at any other time I would be - that's a SERIOUS bargain!) it would undoubtedly be the ice blue one. He really started hitting his stride when he started making them from scratch himself.

and that SERIUOS bargain is now mine :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefB said:

Ha! Ha congrats! which one did you go for? brilliant guitars
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2522
    I narrowly missed that one, unfortunately.  :s
    Me too..
  • StefB said:

they only had the ice blue one left so whilst not as great perhaps as the shoreline, i am hoping it will be a very good strat for the money .....time will tell,  
  • StefB said:

they only had the ice blue one left so whilst not as great perhaps as the shoreline, i am hoping it will be a very good strat for the money .....time will tell,  
    Excellent! The Springfield is a brilliant guitar, I love my sunburst. Plus It should be nicely set up by CCGX 
  • StefB said:

Aw, congrats! You bought the right one ;)
  • interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    edited August 2018
    well it arrived at 8.30am !! this morning, very nice so far...bit surprised it didnt sell quicker as it sounds BIG which suits me. Neck carve is ace, as hoped for, pickups are Lollars so they sound lovely..whats not to like...I do feel its a bit of a result price wise.

think @StuartMac290 called it well 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom