Guitar wall hanging

What's Hot
jesonejesone Frets: 60
Does anyone know where stores get their guitar hanging stuff from? I’ve been looking for something like those slotted boards you see with angled hangers on them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6880
    The wall boards are probably sourced from a shop fitters, but the hangers should be easily available. I think a lot of shops use hercules ones, but I could be wrong! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 247
    Hercules ones all the way!!
    super strong and most importantly they don’t mark your guitars like others do
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Click HERE.

I'd approach a local shop fitters for advice on what boards to use and they'll probably sell you them too.
    Go for an independant guy and you might get a great deal on it being fitted for you.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Slatboard is the name of the boards. They come in lots of colours, and the plastic inserts for the slots also come in lots of colours. I paid about £60 a sheet for 8x4 with the plastic covers.

The guitar hangers can be bought on eBay, Amazon etc along with shelves and millions of other compatible things 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    I use Hercules in store - effectively a horizontal wood 'beam' and hangers attached accordingly

Not sure if Hercules do slatboard format - maybe Quick Lok do - Not used them for over 15 years so sorry I can't recall where they came from
  • jesonejesone Frets: 60
    That’s brilliant chaps. Thanks very much all :)

• Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    I know everyone has recommended Hercules and you've probably made your choice already but I've personally have had lots of success with the basic £3.50 Chord hangers. I am a tradesman and I have lots of experience with various fixings and materials so I can spot rubbish construction and I know how much weight a fixing can take etc.. I'm very happy with these hangers, no problems at all.

Of course, if I had a ridiculously priced vintage guitar then perhaps I would use something else but for all my sub £1000 Fenders these are great. Can't vouch for not marking finish.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    Simon_M said:
    I know everyone has recommended Hercules and you've probably made your choice already but I've personally have had lots of success with the basic £3.50 Chord hangers. I am a tradesman and I have lots of experience with various fixings and materials so I can spot rubbish construction and I know how much weight a fixing can take etc.. I'm very happy with these hangers, no problems at all.

Of course, if I had a ridiculously priced vintage guitar then perhaps I would use something else but for all my sub £1000 Fenders these are great. Can't vouch for not marking finish.
    last sentence that does it for me - I've never had a Hercules mark a guitar

But I've seen metal brackets with some rubberised/plastic cover that will perish, and mark the guitar either from the rubber/plastic material itself, or from the metal as the cover becomes worn - agree some budget versions are better than others, but the fact it can mark the guitar makes me go Hercules every time - Soft nitro finishes can mark easily, especially Gibson models , were they hand around the top nut area - Hercules just do it better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2018
    But I've seen metal brackets with some rubberised/plastic cover that will perish, and mark the guitar either from the rubber/plastic material itself, or from the metal as the cover becomes worn - agree some budget versions are better than others, but the fact it can mark the guitar makes me go Hercules every time - Soft nitro finishes can mark easily, especially Gibson models , were they hand around the top nut area - Hercules just do it better
    When I say can’t vouch for it, I’ve never had a guitar marked by these hangers but then most of my guitars are poly and all of them are for playing so a mark here and a scratch there doesn’t bother me. That said, if I had a PRS or a LP or something that cost me half my salary I would absolutely be buying a top of the range hanger.
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    I have a mix of Hercules & Chord hangers & I think that the covering on the arms is better on the Hercules.
    The Chord ones use a less hard wearing spongy rubber covering that squashes far more under the weight of the guitar than the Hercules & my Chord hangers are now permanently squashed where the neck sits.
    The metal work of the Chord ones seems fine however just the covering is not as good as Hercules.
    I will be swapping the Chord ones for Hercules before the covering fails & the necks are against the metal arms.
    edited August 2018
    So... I took my Strat off the wall to play today and noticed a black mark on the underside of the headstock. Definitely came off the Chord hanger. It just wiped off with my thumb but it was definitely a 'mark'. I'm not bothered by it but if I had bought a £2500 R8 I'd probably have had kittens.

So yeah... I take back everything I said before.