A question regarding neck movement

Greetings folks,

I have a question about necks. I have a PRS Swamp Ash Studio (beautifully non-blingy body) with a rippled maple bolt-on neck that has developed quite a back bow.

I live in central Scotland and a couple of weeks ago took it down to Shoreham on the south coast, where it stayed in a house of considerably greater temp/humidity (going by feel rather than a hydrometer). At the end of the 2 weeks, the strings are buzzing out from what seems like a hump in the middle of the neck. I don't recall the action prior to this happening.

I am dis-inclined to fiddle with the truss-rod until the guitar has settled back down to its' normal environment (near Stirling), and was really wondering how long you would expect this equilibration to take?

Cheers in advance,

Adam

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8689
    At least as long as it took to get that way, so minimum of two weeks. Was it just the humidity? Some of mine object to being in a case.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    When it's sat at home (centrally heated, well insulated new house), whether on a stand or a case it has been stable as anything. Im fairly sure it has moved due to humidity and temperature, though the temp will have equilibrated quickly. It had been stored down south in a gig bag.

Cheers,
    Adam