What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Music tFB Trader

errrmmmm...    What the Fuh?

Doesnt even sound like him?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Yeah it does but that is an exceptionally shit song.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4920
    Is it one of his old songs?
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited August 2018
    sounds like one of his latest. Voice sounds older to me. Apparently  the idea was I just want it for you. Rolling Stone interview.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    I like to the think of mull of kintyre as his retirement song and pretend he retired gracefully then.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    At least it's an improvement on The Frog Chorus.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    I like a conspiracy theory, but a friend of mine is convinced Paul McCartney died in 1965, and was replaced by a doppelgänger that churns out nothing but disappointment. 

I find this one particularly hard to swallow...

Regardless, never been a fan of Macca’s solo stuff. Not that Ringo’s was much better.  George was always my favourite. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22798
    TheMarlin said:
    I like a conspiracy theory, but a friend of mine is convinced Paul McCartney died in 1965, and was replaced by a doppelgänger that churns out nothing but disappointment. 

I've read some great stuff about that online, comparing loads of photos to show how the shape of his face has supposedly changed and he's got taller (or shorter, I forget which).  They claim the "new" Paul had plastic surgery - not sure how sophisticated that was in the 1960s - to look more like the old one.

The replacement, according to the site I saw, is supposed to be a guy called Billy Shepherd (... Billy Shears...) of Liverpool band Billy Pepper and the Pepperpots.

Thing is, even if it was all true, the "fake" Paul would be the one we've seen for the last 50 years, who did Sgt Pepper and the White Album and Wings and all the sugary bilge of his solo career... in a way he'd be more the "real" McCartney than the real one ever was.

All bollocks, but a fun way to kill a couple of hours on the internet.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    The real Paul McCartney will be spinning in his grave ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Oh jeez  shouldn't he just retire already! We all know wings is the band the beatles could have been. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    proggy said:
    At least it's an improvement on The Frog Chorus.
    Only just.
    edited July 2020
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    edited August 2018
    McCartney has always done ‘throw away’ pop - Oh Bla Di Oh Bla Da, Coming Up, etc. Personally, I think he’s pretty good at it - and I’m just happy he seems fit, well and full of life at 76 - and still working.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    edited August 2018
    Utter tosh... makes One Direction sound like the Beatles.

I’d heard Come On To Me on the radio and that’s bad enough, but this is worse. I Don’t Know isn’t quite as awful, but that’s about the best thing I can say about it.

Sad.

And by the way, if you want to see what a man in his mid-70s can write, perform and sound like, go and see Roger Waters. OK he's two years younger than McCartney... but it sounds like 20.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    gringopig said:

I liked Wings a lot

Right. That’s you on the ignore list then :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3201
    I’ve always felt the guy was horrendously over-rated. Oo-Bla-di, maxwells silver hammer? They should never have made it to record, particularly when he had such moments of brilliant songwriting as Yesterday. It always smacked of a total lock of quality control to me and he has clearly remained as weak over the ensuing decades. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22798
    Watched the three clips above.  I've never been a fan so I don't feel strongly about them, they're not terrible, they're certainly not great.... my main thought was at 76 years old, with not much more in the tank, he's not exactly challenging himself to go out on a high note.  It's very humdrum.

I quite like the consistent style of the videos though.  Do people do that now, "video versions" of entire albums?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    Philly_Q said:

I quite like the consistent style of the videos though.  Do people do that now, "video versions" of entire albums?
    Blondie did a video version of Eat To The Beat in 1979...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein