Genius bass design!

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    How would you know if it had neck dive or not? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    There's been a bunch of guitars like that around for years. Hideous if you ask me, I'd have to torch it
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28028
    If you were in a band with someone absolutely tiny you could set up some very confusing photographs where no-one could tell which of you was playing it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5459
    axisus said:
    There's been a bunch of guitars like that around for years. Hideous if you ask me, I'd have to torch it

I've seen a photoshopped version before, but I think it looks pretty cool as a real thing!  I've certainly seen worse ideas.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28028
    The headstock looks like a Studio Ghibli character.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I wonder if @GSPBASSES would make me a body and neck like this? Could be a major feature at fretboard jams :)
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader
    NO NO NO NO 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    GSPBASSES said:
    NO NO NO NO 

Actually that response comes as a great relief...
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader
     and no again

Fretless maybe, when fretless were very popular I used to make loads of them. Mainly, Jazz basses with lots of on-board electrics, normally SD quarter pounders or low output Bartolini pickups coupled with EMG on board preamp. The preamp must have mid control with mid contour. Seymour Duncan made on-board preamp specifically the fretless basses, although I found the normal EMG work just as well. 

I could supply the Stingray with fretless neck, and rout for Jazz pickup in the normal neck position.

Just something to ponder on, are really going make a thin line "F" hole 52 P bass for the Mrs Bridgehouse?

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• martmart Frets: 5205
    GSPBASSES said:
    Just something to ponder on, are really going make a thin line "F" hole 52 P bass for the Mrs Bridgehouse?
    I’m sure a fretless thin line F hole 52 P bass would be a thing of beauty. :)
    GSPBASSES said:
     and no again

Fretless maybe, when fretless were very popular I used to make loads of them. Mainly, Jazz basses with lots of on-board electrics, normally SD quarter pounders or low output Bartolini pickups coupled with EMG on board preamp. The preamp must have mid control with mid contour. Seymour Duncan made on-board preamp specifically the fretless basses, although I found the normal EMG work just as well. 

I could supply the Stingray with fretless neck, and rout for Jazz pickup in the normal neck position.

A fretless Stingray with a jazz neck pickup would be interesting - I will ponder on that!

And yes - Mrs B is very keen!!

mart said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    I would just need a fretless neck for that to be a reality
  • martmart Frets: 5205

mart said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    I wonder if Mr P could be persuaded to make you a fretless neck to match the body for a nice price?

Actually, how I first got into fretless was by buying a fretless neck for the P bass I was playing at the time. A few screws and my life was utterly changed. ;)
    mart said:

mart said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    I wonder if Mr P could be persuaded to make you a fretless neck to match the body for a nice price?

Actually, how I first got into fretless was by buying a fretless neck for the P bass I was playing at the time. A few screws and my life was utterly changed. ;)
    Tempting. As is the idea of a Stingray fretless as well.

I have a sale to do this weekend - if it comes off, and it’s still available I’m going to drop a small fortune on a used Shuker
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    edited August 2018
    Yes, yes, yes - D-A-D.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
      I've seen a pic of Justin Hawkins playing one, and an LP version. They all look equally stupid and horrible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Here's some other similar and/or weird ones.