SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Sunn Mustang by Fender Strat body & hardware. £45 all in

jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 309
edited September 2018 in Parts £

Having a clear out, some high quality parts here. 

These are mainly Sunn Mustang by Fender parts - these were Indian/Chinese made Strat copies that in some cases were excellent and up there with better Squiers, and this is one of the very good ones. 

The body is full thickness and is solid wood (no ply here) - decent weight, not feather light but not a boat anchor. It looks like alder to me but apparently cedar was also sometimes used. 

Either way, this body is amazingly resonant and really loud - she strung up it was as loud as my Les Paul acoustically, which was quite a shock. Lots of sustain for a Strat too. It’s routed in a swimming pool configuration so any pickups will fit. 

Comes with all the parts you see, pickups and pots, scratchplate, trem and springs and backplate/screws. Just missing a jack, which costs pennies online. Some slight marks and dings but it is over 20 years old! Neck pocket is 57mm.

I’m asking £40 for the body. 

The neck is also extremely high quality but will require a little fretwork to get he best out of it. The maple and rosewood look great and are of really impressive quality (look at the rosewood!) and the neck profile is superb, thicker than most Squiers by quite an amount, so very comfortable. 

The fretboard has a 12” radius like Gibsons so this neck plays much faster with easier bending than most Fender/Squiers. Issues here are as I said, with the fretwork; one or two frets are slightly high but could be sorted easily by someone with the time (not me!) - otherwise all is fine, truss rod works perfectly. 

I’m after £25 for the neck. NECK SOLD.

I’m also selling an Entwistle X3 Hot humbucker - basically a Super Distortion with a twin rail configuration like a Dimebucker. Great quality for the price. £12.

Postage will be a tenner for the body and £3 for the pickup. 

Pictures here: 

https://imgur.com/a/Z9Obcmp

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments