Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• fandango said:
    More of the same please, Mourinho.

Both West Ham and Derby singing, “can we play you every week?”

i think now would be a great time to play Manure. Ignoring the Valencia game, Newcastle at home next weekend could be a crunch match.
    If Man United lose next weekend, a manager swap would be fabulous. On one side, you get to see Rafa Benitez experiencing what it's like to have a seven-figure transfer budget again. On the other, Jose and Ashley working together would be wonderful. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    I was half-expecting Pellegrini to grab Jose at the final whistle, put him in a headlock and rip off a facemask, revealing that it was Mr Guardiola, the keeper of the abandoned fairgound who was responsible and would have got away with it if it hadn't been for that meddling Pogba.

You have a better reason?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I watched the game in a manner somewhat akin to how I watched the Cybermen in Doctor Who as a kid, behind the settee peeping through my hands...

Using @scrumhalf 's allusion, I don't have a scooby doo what's going on either....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    As a West Ham fan I thoroughly enjoyed Man U's inept tactics yesterday, they were also outclassed in every department.

Long may you reign Mr Mourinho!  ;)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7670
    edited October 2018

I'm sure after today they'll make a change, but who ?

Big Sam ? or Steve Bruce?

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

Mick McCarthy. Half the squad won't understand what he's on about and you'll have the added bonus of pissing Roy Keane off too. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Paul_C said:

0-2 down at that point, ended up 3-2.  So has he now gone from zero to hero?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    The thing is, you can't place all the blame on Mourinho when the players do that. It sounds like (I haven't seen it yet) they just fucked around in the first half before pulling their fingers out in the second. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    quarky said:
    The thing is, you can't place all the blame on Mourinho when the players do that. It sounds like (I haven't seen it yet) they just fucked around in the first half before pulling their fingers out in the second. 

He played a back three of pogba, matic and smalling 

And it worked... 

What are you supposed to feel ha
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    quarky said:
    Yeah but that's the problem, they ain't playing for him. It's the managers job to instil team spirit, work ethic etc. even now he seems to be insulting players post match! I just don't think he's a good fit for United. Not sure who is to be honest.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Even as a very lapsed Man U fan (I started to lose interest in that level of football around 1990) I never wanted that cunt anywhere near the Man U job. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11788
    Amusingly, Mourinho has the highest ever win rate out of all Man united managers
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_United_F.C._managers

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    Amusingly, Mourinho has the highest ever win rate out of all Man united managers

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought that.

Then again, the stat is a bit skewed.  Fergie built the club from a lower relative position which took 4-5 years before winning anything.  Mourinho took on a global giant with extensive resources.  Also note Mourinho shouldn't be judge against any other Man U Managers, but as the supposed special one he should be judged against his contemporaries, like Pep who has a win percentage of 70%.

Also, If you look at premier league percentages only i.e. after 1990, then Fergie's is higher than Mourinho.  

Still it does highlight that he can't be doing that bad, trouble is in football today a crisis can occur after 3 games.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11788

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought that.

Then again, the stat is a bit skewed.  Fergie built the club from a lower relative position which took 4-5 years before winning anything.  Mourinho took on a global giant with extensive resources.  Also note Mourinho shouldn't be judge against any other Man U Managers, but as the supposed special one he should be judged against his contemporaries, like Pep who has a win percentage of 70%.

Also, If you look at premier league percentages only i.e. after 1990, then Fergie's is higher than Mourinho.  

Still it does highlight that he can't be doing that bad, trouble is in football today a crisis can occur after 3 games.
    that's my point, people screaming with panic after a handful of games since coming second in the premiership with enough points to have won it in many years

So, JM is on 60.3%
    Pellegrini was on 59.9% at City  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_City_F.C._managers
    Klopp is lower on 53%, but people think he was sent by God : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Liverpool_F.C._managers

Conte was on 65%
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chelsea_F.C._managers
    JM did about the same there, 59%

I find it amazing that clubs can sack such high performing managers
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Hmmnnnn .... so Man U are 10th in the Prem, will be 11th if Leicester win their game in hand. Nice going so far this season Jose.
  • Mark Hughes gone.

A failure to pick up 3 points against Jose Mourinho's Man Utd is a sackable offence.... 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw one of the youtube blog things over the weekend, and some veteran wag commented that Lukaku is the only player he's ever seen that puts weight on whilst he's playing...

I'll support My team into the Third Division if I have to, but this shit is beginning to get even me down. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Mark Hughes gone.

A failure to pick up 3 points against Jose Mourinho's Man Utd is a sackable offence.... 
    I'm a United fan, and I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this...
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    edited December 2018
    I saw one of the youtube blog things over the weekend, and some veteran wag commented that Lukaku is the only player he's ever seen that puts weight on whilst he's playing...

I'll support My team into the Third Division if I have to, but this shit is beginning to get even me down. 

Lukaku waddles around the pitch like an overweight toddler with a nappy full of feces with a mindset of the very toddler who cannot decide whether he is hungry, wants to go to bed or needs his nappy changed. 

However watching Lukuku play football I have no doubts that such a toddler would make a more effective no.9 in the Man United team. 

Nonetheless this particular season still Lukaku is a better player than Matic... 
    I saw one of the youtube blog things over the weekend, and some veteran wag commented that Lukaku is the only player he's ever seen that puts weight on whilst he's playing...

Lukaku waddles around the pitch like an overweight toddler with a nappy full of feces with a mindset of the very toddler who cannot decide whether he is hungry, wants to go to bed or needs his nappy changed. 

However watching Lukuku play football I have no doubts that such a toddler would make a more effective no.9 in the Man United team. 

Nonetheless this particular season still Lukaku is a better player than Matic... 

Think he has hit the gym too hard for a no.9....