SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: Budget audio interface for guitar

I'm looking for my first audio interface so that I can play guitar through my laptop when I head off to Uni.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    edited August 2018
    Got a Lexicon Alpha which is a general audio interface (not just guitar) - yours for £30 delivered. 

Its also great for playing music from your laptop into an amp or powered speakers - better ADA than your laptop headphone out! 

• hasslehamhassleham Frets: 600
    I’ve got a line 6 ux1 if that’s any use to you?
  • I've got a Guitar Rig Session I/O which has given me everything I've needed, but I barely use it anymore now. £40 delivered?
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    Maybe get an old line 6 pod. It will work as an interface but can also be used as a standalone or direct into a pa. Gives you some more options?
  • He hasn't been online since the 24th of August...don't hold your breath, folks!
  • For the benefit of anyone else on the lookout...have a look on Amazon. Behringer UM22 (pretty decent quality, perfect as a first audio interface) is about £26.
    <space for hire>
  • Slimbert said:
    He hasn't been online since the 24th of August...don't hold your breath, folks!
    Judging by this thread, the OP found a deal then left the building.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3435
    For the benefit of anyone else on the lookout...have a look on Amazon. Behringer UM22 (pretty decent quality, perfect as a first audio interface) is about £26.

Got a link? I found a UMC22 but not sure if its the same thing.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • robgilmo said:
    For the benefit of anyone else on the lookout...have a look on Amazon. Behringer UM22 (pretty decent quality, perfect as a first audio interface) is about £26.

Sorry, I meant the UM2. The £26 offer has gone, but it's still only £31.95:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-U-PHORIA-UM2-Computer-Interface/dp/B00FFIGYOI
    <space for hire>
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    robgilmo said:

I have the UMC22. It's a good bit of kit, v similar to the Focusrite Solo I used to have but less expensive. I got it principally to use as an audio out but its recording capability is fine. Comparing it to the UM22, I'm struggling to see any difference apart from the design - functionality seems the same - so if budget is an issue then the UM22 is probably the way to go.

The UMC22 does make a sudden disconcerting noise when your laptop goes to sleep, but apart from that small issue I'm very pleased with it.