• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Gotcha - you did well sir  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Washed cherry for president 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Twinfan said:
    ellwood said:
    Folded and added a nice bit of Lemon to my Iced Tea courtesy of the classifieds.

Lighter than my Iced tea, and not quite as well set up. For some reason the G saddle is reversed, so waiting on the seller to confirm. Medallion is back on it too...

Nice!  The one with the flecks from Ben - good choice  :)

I think saddles can be reversed to get the correct intonation so it's not wrong.  You can flip it round if you want to and can still get the required intonation.
    Yep - understand that. Had one or two Les Pauls but never seen one set up like this one when done properly. Did anyone else have anything similar on their set up?
  • I noticed a couple of pics posted of others that had the saddles flipped including that lovely lemon. Guess there wasn't enough space for the intonation?

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Aye, mine arrived from Peach with the G saddle reversed

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2178
    edited September 2018
    I'm not sure I buy into the lighter = better thing with les pauls. Some of the really, really light ones I've tried actually sounded pretty crappy, likewise there are plenty of 11 or 12 pound customs that sound like Armageddon. 

Also is there any theory around the mahogany to maple weight ratio. I believe they only sort for light mahogany on the R9s.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    One really anal thing I have noticed on mine is that on some of the saddles the slot is off centre?
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    dbphoto said:
    Aye, mine arrived from Peach with the G saddle reversed

Thank you! Mind now at ease...
  • dbphoto said:
    One really anal thing I have noticed on mine is that on some of the saddles the slot is off centre?
    That's deliberate, don't worry about it - Collings do that as a matter of course, for example
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2178
    And the finish appears to consist of bird saliva...... I have a big chunk missing on the headsock where I leaned it gently against a wall plus 2 or 3 other spots from light playing.........  and I've broke the pickguard and lost the medallion .

Lucky its only a £3.5k R9 not a £5.8k R9..... 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Fishboy7 said:
    I'm not sure I buy into the lighter = better thing with les pauls. Some of the really, really light ones I've tried actually sounded pretty crappy, likewise there are plenty of 11 or 12 pound customs that sound like Armageddon. 
    Fishboy7 said:
    And the finish appears to consist of bird saliva...... I have a big chunk missing on the headsock where I leaned it gently against a wall plus 2 or 3 other spots from light playing.........  and I've broke the pickguard and lost the medallion .

Lucky its only a £3.5k R9 not a £5.8k R9..... 
    Okay, I've figured it out.  You are Wreck-It Ralph.  ;)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    dbphoto said:
    That's deliberate, don't worry about it - Collings do that as a matter of course, for example
    Why is that then?  I have never seen it on any guitar with a TOM bridge that I have owned, and I know it's a completely different beast, but my office Gibson has them centred?

ellwood said:

Thank you! Mind now at ease...
    Not sure why it was an issue?  If they got it wrong at the factory it's easily flipped back if you want it that way.  I'm not bothered which way round any of them are as long as the intonation is correct  :)
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    @dbphoto BFG fist bump.

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    The light isn't great so you'll have to wait until the weekend for the real glamour shoot but here she is......

£2499. Unbelievable. I am in amazement at how it plays. I've had a troubled past with Lesters, either getting some that were the right playability (I like specifically the '59 shape) but too heavy or not right at all, or too modern sounding or perfect in every way other than the finish.... but finally, finally i can say I've got my perfect Les Paul. 

I think this one's a keeper. 
    0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 718
    Dibs
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    ^ That's a particularly nice colour and top.
    Stunning - can't believe that was an R8!

Did you get first dibs from a batch or something?
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 491
    edited September 2018
    Adamski said:
    The light isn't great so you'll have to wait until the weekend for the real glamour shoot but here she is......

£2499. Unbelievable. I am in amazement at how it plays. I've had a troubled past with Lesters, either getting some that were the right playability (I like specifically the '59 shape) but too heavy or not right at all, or too modern sounding or perfect in every way other than the finish.... but finally, finally i can say I've got my perfect Les Paul. 

I think this one's a keeper. 

Beauty! So that centre line doesn’t make you want to return it then?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom