New Jazzmaster Build

What's Hot
Well thanks to @GSPBASSES and @lamf68 this beautiful neck and amazing body have arrived. Now I just need to nail on some shiny bits and I'll have a new guitar. More to follow...

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    The "blaster" element interest me greatly - WRHBs?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1020
    That finish! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Indeed! Mojos.

Here is the finished article. Will give it a few days and set it up properly but it's not too bad at all just now. The Mojo WRHB are absolutely superb!!

And here it is with its older sibling.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1020
    Love that! That guard is beautiful. Mojo WRHBs are incredible, love mine. 
    Excellent! I'm sorely tempted by a set of those pickups fr my own JM. The only trouble is I also love the Mojo JM pickups in there, and can't justify a second JM to put the WRs in...
    Excellent! I'm sorely tempted by a set of those pickups fr my own JM. The only trouble is I also love the Mojo JM pickups in there, and can't justify a second JM to put the WRs in...
    Yeah the red one has Mojos too - they are perfect. Absolutely loving the WRHBs though - you clearly need another JM, it's the only solution. :-)

Can you convince my wife? ;) 
    Can you convince my wife? ;) 
    Doubt it! :-)

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Gagaryn said:
    Indeed! Mojos.

Here is the finished article. Will give it a few days and set it up properly but it's not too bad at all just now. The Mojo WRHB are absolutely superb!!

And here it is with its older sibling.

Those look great together!  Top dollar!
    Any chance of some soundclips comparing the two? Or even a vid? Am itching to hear the WRHBs...
    Any chance of some soundclips comparing the two? Or even a vid? Am itching to hear the WRHBs...
    I'll see what I can do - don't really have the gear for that but will try recording something with my phone and see if it is any use.

They sound great, always hard to describe sound of pickups - for me anyway, but the guitar still sounds like a JM just bigger! It's bright but with more depth than the single coils, articulate, not a trace of muddiness and no ice picky highs. BTW - I've stuck with 1 meg pots which I am now sure was the right decision - it sounds pretty much how I had hoped it would.
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 850
    not being much of a string fella, what are those on both guitars Gary? i'm intrigued by the thread covering the ends like they used to have on bass strings years ago! maybe they're still on bass strings now..regardless a stunning looking pair of guitars
    lamf68 said:
    not being much of a string fella, what are those on both guitars Gary? i'm intrigued by the thread covering the ends like they used to have on bass strings years ago! maybe they're still on bass strings now..regardless a stunning looking pair of guitars
    They are Thomastik Jazz Swing flat wounds - I love them. I use them on my ES too. Not sure what the point of the thread wrap is but it looks nice!