Gibson Bass deal

JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
Thomann are knocking out Gibson EB14 5 string basses at 550.00. There's a range of colours. I don't know these basses but they have some good online reviews. They're the 2014 model which Gibson shipped with Babicz bridges.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_eb14_bass_5string_natural.htm
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    They look really cool, almost picked one up recently but decided 5strings would blow my mind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    How much value do you give to an online review?  It may have some value for a bit of hardware such as a microphone stand, a guitar rack or something similar.  It either works or it doesn't. No grey areas.  However a musical instrument is an entirely different kettle of fish.  I feel that you must handle the instrument before purchasing it.  Or at least have tried out a similar model in the hope that the online for sale model is exactly the same.......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Rocker said:
    How much value do you give to an online review?  It may have some value for a bit of hardware such as a microphone stand, a guitar rack or something similar.  It either works or it doesn't. No grey areas.  However a musical instrument is an entirely different kettle of fish.  I feel that you must handle the instrument before purchasing it.  Or at least have tried out a similar model in the hope that the online for sale model is exactly the same......
    I was just stating that, having read a few reviews, that the consensus seemed to be that they are solid, well made instruments with good pickups. I know the Babicz bridge is good as I had a 2014 SG bass which used the same unit. Some users weren’t happy with the rough finish but that’s a purely cosmetic aspect that has nothing to do with its functionality.

But you’re right, at the end of the day it’s about if it works for you. If you aren’t able to visit a store, then, due to the wonder of the internet, you can purchase, try it in the comfort of your home and then return it if it doesn’t suit.

Either way, it’s a lot of bass for the money.