Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Meris pedal - sounds synthy

What's Hot

Comments

• Imma get this pedal as soon as I can. The market sorely needs more synth pedals. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Meris said they're shipping stock to all international distributers through this month.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    edited September 2018
    VJIves said:
    Meris said they're shipping stock to all international distributers through this month.
    Just popped in to say the same after they responded to my email. Can't believe there's only 3 of them in the team! 

EDIT: Just got a response from their Europe & UK distributor: 

"It will start shipping by the end of the month and the ERP is £319.

It will be listed at more UK dealers shortly but if you wish to preorder now you can do so with Gear4Music." 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    The PedalZone demo on YouTube is outstanding. It's like a dreamworld in pedal form and combined with a lush reverb/delay it would sound unreal.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited September 2018
    Preorder with Gear4Music confirmed. Estimated delivery: between 21st and 25th Sept. 

Cannot bloody wait...
  • Dopesick said:
    The PedalZone demo on YouTube is outstanding. It's like a dreamworld in pedal form and combined with a lush reverb/delay it would sound unreal.

Have to agree with this. Its amazing. I'm going to get a pre order sorted today.
  • So where does this sit in a chain and what does it connect out to? A guitar amp? FRFR?

In the Helix it can easily connect to a loop, but is it then in its own chain, (with other effects if required), into a clean amp?
  • So where does this sit in a chain and what does it connect out to? A guitar amp? FRFR?

In the Helix it can easily connect to a loop, but is it then in its own chain, (with other effects if required), into a clean amp?
    I’ll probably put it after tuner>comp and before my dirt pedals. If I was playing in stereo I’d have it after dirt.
  • And into a clean guitar amp like a Hiwatt or Fender Twin?
  • Into a 65 DRRI.
  • Into a 65 DRRI.
    Hiwatt > 65 DRRI
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Into a 65 DRRI.
    Hiwatt > 65 DRRI
    Heathen.
  • I have a Boss SY300 which is amazing, very tweakable and sounds great. But I think this might trump it for ease of use and it will fit on my Helix board.
  • Into a 65 DRRI.
    Hiwatt > 65 DRRI
    Heathen.
    I was a die hard fender amp lover for years. 
    My hiwatt blew my twin out of the water
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Into a 65 DRRI.
    Hiwatt > 65 DRRI
    Heathen.
    Well you shouldn’t have been using it in the bath.

Which Hiwatt did it?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Into a 65 DRRI.
    Hiwatt > 65 DRRI
    Heathen.
    Well you shouldn’t have been using it in the bath.

Which Hiwatt did it?
    SA212

would love a DR103 at some point but prices have gone mental.
  • Can't remember which Hiwatt is in the Helix, but its become a platform for a lot of patches for me
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Can't remember which Hiwatt is in the Helix, but its become a platform for a lot of patches for me
    TBH, its the best amp model in there but truthfully doesn't react the same as the real thing.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmann said:
    Can't remember which Hiwatt is in the Helix, but its become a platform for a lot of patches for me
    TBH, its the best amp model in there but truthfully doesn't react the same as the real thing.
    Nowhere near. It doesn't have the headroom like the real thing. If I put my broadcast through the helix it simply cant cope. 
    And that for me is the best thing about a hiwatt, it had headroom for days and it really makes every pedal you plug into it sparkle. 
  • I’m interested to see how this compares to the Synthonizer in the Eventide H9. I also use MIDI Guitar to play Moog synths on my iPad using a the guitar, which works really really well.