Eastwood Airline Pocket Bass

What's Hot

Comments

• It’s wee
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    It’s wee

But I don't think would fit in any pocket I have  :)
  • It’s wee
    Better than being poo
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72251
    Right now that looks quite interesting to me... I can't play my bass properly with my broken arm, but I think I could just about manage something very short-scale with a skinny neck. I really don't like the 'wings' and the thumb-rests though.

I've actually been looking for one of those old Satellite/Jedson-type 24"-scale ones, but most of them on Ebay are daft prices or knackered.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 26.5" long, "in my pocket", huh?

You are Iggy Pop and I claim my five Pounds.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 26.5" long, "in my pocket", huh?

You are Iggy Pop and I claim my five Pounds.
    7.5” is not insignificant ;)
  • You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
  • You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
    More of a full scale to Ric scale man then?
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6054
    ICBM said:
    Right now that looks quite interesting to me... I can't play my bass properly with my broken arm, but I think I could just about manage something very short-scale with a skinny neck. I really don't like the 'wings' and the thumb-rests though.

I've actually been looking for one of those old Satellite/Jedson-type 24"-scale ones, but most of them on Ebay are daft prices or knackered.
    Time to give this a bump I think...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/129492/fs-satellite-24-scale-bass#latest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Time to page @vale ;
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited September 2018
    "put it in your arsenal"... best place for it imo, yours not mine.

a. it's ugly as f apart from the hofner string trapeze, which is hofner's nice and not supros. and in addition to being the most hideous supro bass bodyshape by far (taurus a million times smarter) the c&w cocktail cabinet door handles and huge glow-in-the-dark spatula headstock only add insult to eye injury.

b. sounds like fifty shades of crap. neck pickup is apologetic low-end muffle, negligible mids and clanky high twang. piezo bridge far better, but ultimately just sounds like baritone with the tone rolled back. zero bass frequencies and all-out total top spank.

c. "let's say you're 10 and/or just starting out..."
    just price checked: let's say it's £800/$900 and you are drunk, sir!

d. in its favour the neck looks nice and slim, that i like.

in sum, probably the worst looking and sounding shortscale bass out there. but if you're a supro obssessive or deaf, get in.

squier shortscale jaguar bass £200 (miles better), gretsch junior jet shortscale bass £260 (miles better), epiphone eb0 shortscale bass £200 (miles better). all cheaper, all better.
    and if you want semi-acoustic the hofner shortscale basses £260 too (light years better, but i'm hofner-biased so not entirely impartial).
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    But apart from that, do you like it?

:D

£800??!! I couldn’t find a price with a quick search, but that’s delusional...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I'm with @vale - you'd be better off with any of those listed, or an Ashbory :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • When’s yours being delivered @vale?
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited September 2018
    @ICBM

"
    Final price will be only $899 (less deposit) + shipping and will include a custom hardshell case." https://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/airline-pocket-bass/

re my barely-concealed disenthusiasm...
    first they annoyed me by remaking the pocket not the taurus, which is the sexy supro/lexington i actually like (disappoint me = instant war footing), then on watching the review i was frankly amazed that it sounds even worse than it looks.
    on paper it seems to spec agreeably but i can't hear it at all.
    then i found that price it was 'red mist' re criticism.

maybe it's harsh (or just hard but fair) and i should revise, but that was my instant instinctive response so maybe it's ok.

did you hear anything above overwhelmingly mediocre?

@Bridgehouse

because i'm extravagance made flesh...
    i have ordered
    two.
    and because i'm a vengeful sadist...
    they're being delivered
    to you.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    vale said:
    @ICBM

"Final price will be only $899 (less deposit) + shipping and will include a custom hardshell case." https://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/airline-pocket-bass/

re my barely-concealed disenthusiasm...
    first they annoyed me by remaking the pocket not the taurus, which is the sexy supro/lexington i actually like (disappoint me = instant war footing), then on watching the review i was frankly amazed that it sounds even worse than it looks.
    on paper it seems to spec agreeably but i can't hear it at all.
    then i found that price it was 'red mist' re criticism.

maybe it's harsh (or just hard but fair) and i should revise, but that was my instant instinctive response so maybe it's ok.
    I thought it was one of the best reviews I've read :).

The price is bonkers. I was seriously expecting £399 or something...

Is it from the same clowns that have "reissued" the Supro amps at eye-watering prices? Someone I know (a member here) has got one... it's not a bad amp, in fact it's very pretty and sounds decent enough - although nothing like an original - but new they were something like £1200! Utterly ludicrous for something with about the build quality of an Epiphone Valve Junior on a larger scale - and it was with me because it broke (not badly) due to an assembly flaw. Fortunately he didn't pay anything like that, it was a swap for something he would have been lucky to get even half that price for.

• @vale ;

I have both gone right off you and admire you for your cunning now.

• ICBM said:

Is it from the same clowns that have "reissued" the Supro amps at eye-watering prices? Someone I know (a member here) has got one... it's not a bad amp, in fact it's very pretty and sounds decent enough - although nothing like an original - but new they were something like £1200! Utterly ludicrous for something with about the build quality of an Epiphone Valve Junior on a larger scale - and it was with me because it broke (not badly) due to an assembly flaw. Fortunately he didn't pay anything like that, it was a swap for something he would have been lucky to get even half that price for.
    No, Eastwood Guitars isn’t affiliated with the current incarnation of Supro Amps. The folks behind Pigtronix bought the Supro brand from Bruce Zinky (ex-Fender amps—designer of the Tonemaster, Pro-Sonic, etc.) 4–5 years ago, and I believe Zinky had a hand in designing some of the relaunched Supro range.
  • Rabs said:
    It’s wee

But I don't think would fit in any pocket I have  :)
    You need deep pockets for one of these
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    polotska said:

No, Eastwood Guitars isn’t affiliated with the current incarnation of Supro Amps. The folks behind Pigtronix bought the Supro brand from Bruce Zinky (ex-Fender amps—designer of the Tonemaster, Pro-Sonic, etc.) 4–5 years ago, and I believe Zinky had a hand in designing some of the relaunched Supro range.
    Useful to know, thanks! I knew Zinky had designed the new Supros, but I didn't know anything about the company.

Similar marketing model though, by the look of it... retro styling, not very retro sounds, stupid prices.