SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted - Flatwound strings + Bass case

i looking for some flatwound strings for either a four or five string bass (standard long scale)
also I'm after a hard case to fit a jazz or precision bass,what I'd really like is an SKB or Fender shaped case,(but not to keen on the oblong ABS type) but I'm open to suggestions. WHY
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Flatwounds - used or new? Brand specific or anything to try them out? I’ve got lots of sets of old flats in various states of use - it depends on what you want them for and what condition they need to be in...
  • SnazzyGeezerSnazzyGeezer Frets: 38
    edited September 2018
    Well, the answer is both really,I have a set Warwicks on my six string they seem OK, I have a set of D'Addario on a five string ibanez,and a set of Fenders on my fretless
    btw what's is that incredible looking fretless in your avatar ?
    is it an Mahogany and Ebony construction,it looks fabulous.
    best regards,
    Steve
  • It's a Shuker - the top veneer is African Blackwood - and it's a mahogany/holly base - the fingerboard is phenolic resin, 

Just checked and I've got 3 sets of used flats - A set of well used and nicely dulled Chromes, a set of part used but still a bit of zing in them TI Jazz flats, and a set of (I think!) La Bella Low Tension flats. Any use?
  • Yes I am interested, the chromes and jazz flats,by the way are they four or five string sets.
    Can you tell me a little bit about the low tension flats,as I have no expirence with low tension strings at all.
    Steve
  • Both the TI Jazz flats and the Chromes are 4 string (they all are - I have no 5 stringers!) 

Low tension flats (The TI's and the La Bella's) are exactly that - they aren't as taught. Some love the feel (I love them on fretless) and some find them a bit too "rubber bandy" They do sound a bit different, but they give that classic Motown kind of sound in spades. 

The Chromes are much higher tension, and feel similar to higher tension round wounds. 
  • What sort of price are you looking for for the Chromes and the TI's.
    i know and like D'addario Chromes,the low tensions will be something a little different to try out.
    Steve
  • What sort of price are you looking for for the Chromes and the TI's.
    i know and like D'addario Chromes,the low tensions will be something a little different to try out.
    Steve
    Not a lot - going rate is about a tenner a set plus some postage I think. The Chromes are well used so you’d get a really dark thump from them. PM me if you like and we can sort something out