So... Victory preamp pedals?

What's Hot
https://youtu.be/Ehrwkw0kZ_0

Possible GAS relapse imminent
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Time will tell what the real life sounds are like, with the tubes being quite different to what we are used to. I hope they've nailed it as it's quite a cool product. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really wish they wouldn’t let Chapman or Rabea anywhere near the Victory stuff. Rabea can play a bit but his victory demos always sound stiff and harsh.

Not sure I could really justify ditching my Kotzen Fly Rig for one of these but I’m definitely interested and will look forward to hearing what some other demoers do with them 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader
    ooh just in time for Christmas....
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    these look great, id quite like the kraken one

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I raised an eyebrow at the choice of CV4014s myself...then I had a look around, and you can get NOS Mullard CV4014s for about a fiver. Could be quite an interesting design choice which actually benefits the customer, at least in the short term.

As an aside, I used NOS CV4004 valves as ECC83 alternatives in the preamp of my Jet City amps, and they definitely lasted longer than any of the current brands. 
    <space for hire>
  • Oooo...another point of interest - Gain II on The Kraken amp actually reduces the low-end response in the power amp too, which was my main problem with it. The preamp version, obviously, won't be able to do that...so it might actually have become something I'm suddenly interested in.

Well, if I wasn't firmly planted in Helix land, at least. If I was going to switch over to the HX Effects (something I've considered), though, then the Kraken preamp pedal would definitely be on my list, particularly since it's remote-switchable.
    <space for hire>
  • The ability to put your amps preamp in the loop of the Victory then switch it in and out is very clever, don’t think it’s been done before? 
  • Oooo...another point of interest - Gain II on The Kraken amp actually reduces the low-end response in the power amp too, which was my main problem with it. The preamp version, obviously, won't be able to do that...so it might actually have become something I'm suddenly interested in.

Well, if I wasn't firmly planted in Helix land, at least. If I was going to switch over to the HX Effects (something I've considered), though, then the Kraken preamp pedal would definitely be on my list, particularly since it's remote-switchable.
    A wee board with Helix FX and a Countess Preamp, Dual mono gig bag with a hunbucker and single coil guitar and a Fryette Power Station in the pocket plus 1x12 cab of your choice and the ability to give a direct out form Helix FX would be a killer, easy to move rig
  • The ability to put your amps preamp in the loop of the Victory then switch it in and out is very clever, don’t think it’s been done before? 
    Actually, it has - AMT have done it with a few of their pedals.
    Oooo...another point of interest - Gain II on The Kraken amp actually reduces the low-end response in the power amp too, which was my main problem with it. The preamp version, obviously, won't be able to do that...so it might actually have become something I'm suddenly interested in.

A wee board with Helix FX and a Countess Preamp, Dual mono gig bag with a hunbucker and single coil guitar and a Fryette Power Station in the pocket plus 1x12 cab of your choice and the ability to give a direct out form Helix FX would be a killer, easy to move rig
    There are lots of options with this sort of thing. I had a board with an AMT F-1 (Twin preamp with JFETs instead of valves) and a Bogner Red running into it. Could run direct or into the effects return of an amp, solved all sorts of problems.

Now I've got a Helix, though, it's kind of a moot point. Still, I always keep an eye on gear like this, which allows far more interesting and flexible signal paths.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Randall/Egnator/Synergy have also been doing this sort of thing for quite some time
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve preordered a kraken :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4287
    edited September 2018
    So Andertons charge the full amount and then up the date to 5th October minimum. 

Edit: Spoke to victory and they said that 20th is the due date and no delays at their end

i wouldn’t mind but Andertons are the only place that charges in full for preorder items. Everyone else only around £50 which is why I don’t use them normally but they will be getting the first batch 
  • So Andertons charge the full amount and then up the date to 5th October minimum. 

Edit: Spoke to victory and they said that 20th is the due date and no delays at their end

i wouldn’t mind but Andertons are the only place that charges in full for preorder items. Everyone else only around £50 which is why I don’t use them normally but they will be getting the first batch 
    But didn’t you know that you’re lucky to even be allowed to buy from such a prestigious shop as Andertons?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So Andertons charge the full amount and then up the date to 5th October minimum. 

But didn’t you know that you’re lucky to even be allowed to buy from such a prestigious shop as Andertons?
    I’ve given myself a slap and will beg for forgiveness from the almighty captain
  • I do actually really like the Sheriff! I'd like to know what it sounds like in the front of a Fender 65/68 Deluxe....
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    One of these straight into my PC / DAW, with or without my Torpedo Live is an interesting prospect.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • im going to order my kraken from richtone, support your local shop and all that.
  • Evildurka said:
    im going to order my kraken from richtone, support your local shop and all that.
    I’d rather have gone elsewhere but Andertons were the only ones taking preorders at the time and I know they’re getting the first batch 
  • I really wish they wouldn’t let Chapman or Rabea anywhere near the Victory stuff. Rabea can play a bit but his victory demos always sound stiff and harsh.

Not sure I could really justify ditching my Kotzen Fly Rig for one of these but I’m definitely interested and will look forward to hearing what some other demoers do with them 
    I wonder if Kotzen will ditch his Fly Rig for one of these also?  

I wonder if Kotzen will ditch his Fly Rig for one of these also?  
    I think he just takes the Kotzen lunchbox head these days and uses a Fly for delay