Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard addiction

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    If anything i'd say the Fretboard is addicted to me... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited September 2018
    thebreeze said:

Sweet FA?
    Probably should be Suite: FA.........as a place for FB addiction.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    I have a link to it on all 4 corners of my iphone screen so I can open it regardless of how I pick up my phone, but I could stop any time I wanted. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • viz said:
    I have a link to it on all 4 corners of my iphone screen so I can open it regardless of how I pick up my phone, but I could stop any time I wanted. 
    Wow can you show me how you set that up....... on second thoughts don't ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Does anyone else share my addiction to this fretboard forum? I paw over these pages way to many times a day I feel  :(
    Not really, I find the politics forum vile and repulsive and it puts me off viewing the entire site for a while.
  • Garthy said:
    Does anyone else share my addiction to this fretboard forum? I paw over these pages way to many times a day I feel  :(
    Not really, I find the politics forum vile and repulsive and it puts me off viewing the entire site for a while.
    Blimey never really realised there was such a section. I'll keep away from that then 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited September 2018
    Yep. I've always had a "problem" with forums. When it comes to my hobbies I'm a nerd and an over-thinker and most people I know in the real world don't care about these things, so it's a good place to read and talk about them. I've given up on TGP though, prefer the smaller communities like this one.
  • ThorpyFX said:
    you need to masturbate more. 
    Over the R8 thread?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Its easy to get sucked in, I definitely post less than I used to and will be taking a month off in Novemebr again to do NanoWriMo..it's amazing what removing a distraction like this place can do for productivity on projects, I got 50k words done in November last year.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • id only use tFB for information on guitar, amps fx,music,politics, religeon, world affairs, legal advice, medical advice, travel, culture, economics, cookery, construction, home docor, motoring, relationship advice, educational mentoring. anything else i find elsewhere.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Fretwired said:
    Note to mods.

We need a Fretboarders Anonymous section for the hard core addicts.
    That is BCD.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8175
    mli3 said:
    ive got a real problem, i admit it. It comes and goes, but every time it comes it comes harder (..oops)

I must press the "recent" button at least 3 times per hour. I blame the freaking R8 thread
    There's an R8 thread??
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Hattigol said:
    mli3 said:
    ive got a real problem, i admit it. It comes and goes, but every time it comes it comes harder (..oops)

I must press the "recent" button at least 3 times per hour. I blame the freaking R8 thread
    There's an R8 thread??
    Been superseded by an R9 thread now. It’s a firmware update.
  • Interesting! Not just me then. I didn't know you can see how many 'visits' I have 4700 odd. Thing I noticed in this thread are user names that i DONT recognise immediately but who have gazillions of frets. From this I deduce that the bulk of my time in the the classifieds. I need to get out more I think, spend more time in other forums.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    Emp_Fab said:
    Well, I spend a while utterly baffled how so many of you were buying these....

I went to buy a 1958 version and they told me they didn't make any , so I just assume a misinformed salesman
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I used to until I found out it was inhabited by non binary, transgender feminist pro EU autocratic lesbians.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    I just stay logged on all the time and when the gaffers ain't around, I have a quick look.
     I'm getting paid o/t now just to type this.....gotta go
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I hate being on here, it's like self flagellation

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I sometimes find myself refreshing like a zombie when I’m tired. 
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Is there a way to see who has the most frets ?  I suspect I'm in the top 20 but I know there are many with buckets more than me !  Actually, even though he's long gone, I doubt I'm still anywhere near Goji's count !
    You'd be surprised....

1 ICBM 33835
    2 Drew_TNBD 22391
    3 Gassage 20728
    4 randomhandclaps 20460
    5 richardhomer 19260
    6 octatonic 19254
    7 Fretwired 18064
    8 Bridgehouse 16196
    9 TTony 15136
    10 Sporky 14576
    11 Emp_Fab 13766