SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Full set of aged Strat screws

Can't seem to find anywhere that sells full sets, which seems odd.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    edited September 2018
    Part of the reason is that if you order a set of aged tuners, they come with aged tuner screws - same with trems/saddles, jack plate and strap buttons. That only leaves pickguard, pickup and switch screws; so those are sold separately. 

I sell Tele slot head kits because it's a niche replacement thing and should really get around to doing a slot head Strat kit.
  • I'd buy a full set of aged slot head strat screw off you if you fancy doing a set. I know slot heads are not period correct for a strat but I much prefer them with this build if got on the go.

Cheers
    Russ
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    edited September 2018
    New screws + vapor from hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid / brick cleaner) for 12 hours = job done
  • tygertyger Frets: 16
    Hi, I've loads of aged Strat parts...let me know what you are building, what year and what you need. Cheers 
  • tyger said:
    Hi, I've loads of aged Strat parts...let me know what you are building, what year and what you need. Cheers 
    Cheers. I actually need slot head screws for the strat. I know not period correct or correct in any way, I just prefer the look of them. I'm basically putting together my first strat. So a full set, neck plate, bridge, claw, tuners, etc.  I've got a vintage bridge and 8 hole pickguard.