Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

(Finally) NGD - A troubled Tele for a troubled mind? (Marmite content!)

What's Hot
A bit of backstory.

I took quite a long break from electric guitar to focus on acoustic, but I always knew I'd come back to it. For my 30th birthday, my plan was go out & find the absolute best blackguard Telecaster I could find. It's been my dream guitar for as long as I can remember, but then... I saw a video on YouTube, and I said to myself, I REALLLLLLLLLY REALLLLLLLLY NEED THAT!

It's quite unlike me to be irrational and impulsive, but something about this guitar just struck a nerve, and I just had to have it. So I went on Andertons, saw that it was available for pre-order (this is mid July), and thought, okay, my birthday is in three months, I can get it then... Nope. Before the guitar even officially released, Andertons flagged the item as not-available.

I'd no idea about the scarcity of these limited run guitars, but thanks to the help of my family financially, I was able to find a store to order it from a little bit earlier than expected.

Fast forward almost 7 weeks of the most painful waiting game I've ever played, and you have this...

(I know it's not for everyone, but I'm just absolutely in love with the style of the thing).

So yeah, worth the wait? I guess only time will truly tell, but I will say this - I've owned dozens of guitars over the last 16 years, and not a single time can I remember feeling this excited when I opened a guitar case for the first time.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 26reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    Happy NGD!
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like these as well! 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    That is indeed a stunning guitar and I'd guarantee that neck is a dream to play, right? It's a lovely blend of styles and I'm imagining those pickups are rather delicious too. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    joetele said:
    That is indeed a stunning guitar and I'd guarantee that neck is a dream to play, right? It's a lovely blend of styles and I'm imagining those pickups are rather delicious too. 
    I was wondering about the pickups - something different from Fender's current WRHB?
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    edited September 2018
    That is pretty cool in a hybrid kind of way. HNGD to you.

In a similar vein I spotted this hybrid yesterday and it has given me a spot of GAS.

http://www.mixdownmag.com.au/sites/default/files/styles/flexslider_h400/public/images/Fender Whiteguard feature image_0.jpg?itok=4tcGKTmL
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    That's gorgeous.

HNGD!
  • Tenebrous said:

It's like a Les Paul, but with a sensible headstock and it's Mum had sex with a Telecaster!

Looks great, HNGD! :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Keefy said:
    joetele said:
    I was wondering about the pickups - something different from Fender's current WRHB?
    I believe it's Shawbuckers in the Troublemaker, although covered they look different to the uncovered versions in the Strats. 

Really like the look of these, although it's really a Les Paul isn't it?! :)
  • joetele said:
    Neck feels stunning, but I might have to change the action a bit. The middle pickup position just rings, haha. I think 90% of my time will be there.

Keefy said:
    joetele said:
    I believe it's Shawbuckers in the Troublemaker, although covered they look different to the uncovered versions in the Strats. 

Really like the look of these, although it's really a Les Paul isn't it?! :)
    They are.

To my ears, it sounds closer to a Tele Deluxe than an LP. Retains a lot of that mid/upper range twang despite the woods used.

Cheers everyone :+1:
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    It looks so cool in those "real life" pics, as opposed to Fenders consistently terrible catalogue/site photos
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lovely 
    HNGD 
  • I like these. Would be even better with a bigsby :)
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Oh I like that! Deluxe/Cabronita/LP mashup. I don't get on with Les Pauls but I do get on with Teles...
  • Bloody lovely that!
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Tenebrous said:
    joetele said:
    Neck feels stunning, but I might have to change the action a bit. The middle pickup position just rings, haha. I think 90% of my time will be there.
    That sounds ideal :) 

I remember when these were revealed, a few people took issue with it, only for everyone else to say "nope, I rather like that". Good to see it's a beaut in hand. I've got two Teles already so can't really stretch to a third. My next purchase will be humbuckers, but the Ibanez ARZ200 Gold I've been waffling on about on here recently. Kind of takes what I want from a Les Paul then changes everything else to suit me. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Glad it arrived! 

So.. what is it? Lol! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    joetele said:
    ... I've got two Teles already so can't really stretch to a third...
    Nah, I've got 3 :)
  • Pickguard off... er.... poker chip... er.... AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH *conflicted*
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Very nice. What is it, exactly?
  • That's lovely! Not everyone likes sunburst strats. :)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.