SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Another pickup clearout from oil City

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10376
edited November 2018 in Parts £ tFB Trader
Couple of photographic model/prototype pickups co clear off my shelves ... both Masterwound 'Green Labels' boxed and new with guarantee.

Oil City Tapped Masterwound Diamond Geezer bridge Strat pickup

... yes I know the DG is usually  in my standard range ... but this one is wound with vintage spec wire (not poly) and also has a tapped, lower power output, and a slightly raised full power output.
Yes it's aimed at those who are either shining on ... or just comfortably numb with life :-) Flush pole, 9k and 14k outputs ... vintage push back wire.
£50 delivered SOLD
 Black cover fitted ... but you can have white, ivory or cream if you like ... no extra :-) 

Mastrewound Djenerator humbucker 52mm short leg, four conductor in matt black top version.
The Djenerator is a a metal and hard/heavy rock bridge pickup ... in case you haven't run across it before. Great for down tuning ... tight bass and a huge sound.
14k and custom size ceramic magnet powered ... this one comes with full pro spec shielding see below ... 

This beauty is yours for £65.00 delivered  SOLD... rather than the full £95.00 it'd cost ya normally :-)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Is the Diamond Geezer pickup still available? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10376
    tFB Trader
    Is the Diamond Geezer pickup still available? 
    Yes it is :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

In that case, you will have to remind me how and where to pay you. 
    Flush pole, 9k and 14k outputs ... vintage push back wire. £50 delivered SOLD
    Reader, I bought it. 

Just tested in the 9k mode in my 2016 Fender MIJ FSR Sixties Stratocaster. It roundly embarrasses the stock pickups for tone and dynamic sensitivity. Through high gain valve saturation, sustained notes and chords develop into a glorious octave up feedback that the stock pickups have never managed.

The 14k mode should be even more fun.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited November 2018
    Flush pole, 9k and 14k outputs ... vintage push back wire. £50 delivered SOLD
    Reader, I bought it. 

Just tested in the 9k mode in my 2016 Fender MIJ FSR Sixties Stratocaster. It roundly embarrasses the stock pickups for tone and dynamic sensitivity. Through high gain valve saturation, sustained notes and chords develop into a glorious octave up feedback that the stock pickups have never managed.

The 14k mode should be even more fun.
    I'm curious about tapped(?) mode, how does it compare to say a PAF or a 498T?

edit: I'm getting my wires crossed, they're both 14k. As you were
    roberty said:
    I'm getting my wires crossed
    I see what you did there. ;)

9k mode on the Tapped Masterwound Diamond Geezer sounds like a mildly overwound Stratocaster pickup, nicely calibrated for the bridge/Treble position. 

roberty said:
    I'm curious about tapped(?) mode, how does it compare to say a PAF or a 498T?
    I only use the term tap in relation to individual coils. For a two coil pickup, I would have used the word split. 

I have no experience of the Djenerator humbucker advertised above but it is fairly safe to assume that it does what its maker's description says it does. The coil split probably comes in handy on a HSH guitar.