Composition Challenge #23 - And the winners are...

REMINDER OF GUIDELINES
The theme for this challenge is "Sounds Of The Summer". 

Interpret the theme as you wish. For example (as a couple of pointers), it could be summery sounding piece of music or you could include sounds related to the summer. The main thing is to get as many entrants as possible, so don't get too hung up on the theme if it's giving you problems. You might get a few more votes if your piece has some sort of link to the theme, but I think most people vote for the music anyway.

An extra point is given for those that submitted a picture, which was everyone so it didn't affect the outcome.

WINNER
The winner of composition challenge #23 is:

@stratman : Many thanks for the votes.

It was extremely close. Hopefully I've got my sums right.
1st : @stratman : 26 points
2nd : @spark240 : 25 points
3rd : @thecolourbox: 22 points

I'm feeling a bit guilty about this. I was third until the final day of voting, and my entry is a bit of a mash-up (plagiarism :)) of songs relating to summer. On that basis, I've posted the top three entries below:

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/2018-08-comp23-winners

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Well done @stratman3142 ; ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Some truly inspired and excellent work on this one, hopefully enough fretboarders will come and have a listen and therefore want to join in more frequently

I'm not as reliably here as I should be (for my own benefit) but always enjoy listening to everybody else's work much more than doing my own anyway as it's so refreshing to hear new music from people you inadvertently talk to every day, and therefore are not from the normal walks of life as the stuff you get through on Spotify or the radio etc. And there's usually a better sense of humour in these songs than you can find elsewhere in music!

Well done everyone, well done @stratman3142 (having listened to mine a couple of times since I can assure you mine is quite heavily "influenced" by a number of existing songs too so I wouldn't worry) and well done to the collective Fretboard as a whole for the current upwelling of music making and instrument making challenges around here.

Great stuff everybody

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Well done chaps!... congrats @stratman3142 ;
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Nice one(s)...;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5