Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27426
    TODO alt text
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I've played a couple of these now. They are astonishing guitars!!
    I picked up my custom ordered 96 drop top at the end of June from Patrick. While I was there Patrick was kind enough to give me a tour of his workshop and let me play some of his other creations.
    I'll start by saying that I've played quite a few different models he's made. Every one was out of this world! The build quality the best I've seen. His guitars although built with surgical precision, all have bags of character.
    I played the Oz model, which is the telecaster shape. That was fantastic. But the Macon junior I played there. Which was the same as the one in the pic. Only with a humbucker in the bridge instead of the mojotron.
    I didn't want to put the guitar down. The neck was stunning. A fair handful, but just right. Played like butter. Looks amazing in the flesh and sounds even better. The guitar was nice and light too. These are not chambered at all. Just really well selected timber.
    A friend has just got one. His has the mojotron. Being honest if I get one for myself I'll probably go with the mojotron and staple p90 combo.
    I had been lusting after a telecaster as my next guitar. But I think one of these is going to be next!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
    I used to have an Eggle New York Standard back in the 90s when I played a bit. These look in a different league.  I'm saving for something in this league with the hope that when I have enough I'll be worthy of it!
    drpbier said:
    I used to have an Eggle New York Standard back in the 90s when I played a bit. These look in a different league.  I'm saving for something in this league with the hope that when I have enough I'll be worthy of it!
    I used to have a Eggle LA from the early 90's. That guitar was very good. Except the stock pickups which got replaced. Wish I'd kept that guitar.
    My new 96 drop top is in a different league. Can't fault anything about it!!
    The only worry I had when ordering is that I wouldn't bond with a guitar that I hadn't played first. But I bonded straight away once I'd got it in my hands. Took about 5 months of waiting. But that was worth it too!
    I'm lucky as I'm friends with Thorpy from Thorpy fx, he has quite a few Patrick James Eggle guitars. I played his 96 carve top before I ordered mine and his ones are really stunning!
    In fact Thorpy's double cut Macon is one of the nicest if not nicest guitars I've ever had the pleasure of playing.
    I'm interested in one of these Macon juniors next. But if I can talk my missus into letting me stretch my budget, I'll get a Macon double cut, carve top.
    I did talk at length with Patrick about a Macon junior double cut with 2 x p90 pups. Or mojotrons. With a similar aesthetic to the current juniors. The black open grain finish he does is stunning in the flesh!
    a Macon junior double cut with 2 x p90 pups
    Do you know if custom orders like that are only available direct from the workshop or if you can order them through dealers?
    Not sure. Only direct I guess. To be honest though. I liked the process of direct ordering. Patrick was a pleasure to deal with. I'd never talked through the spec like that before. The only downside is the wait! This can vary depending how busy they are.
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/157183221@N05/tNV29Q

There's my 96 drop top. It's an Oregon myrtlewood finished in tobacco burst. Swamp ash body and a roasted birds eye maple neck and board. 
    That is beautiful!