JOYO BANDTAMPS

What's Hot
Hi, was looking into buying a JOYO Bandtamp since they seem like good value for money, (specifically the 'zombie'), and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these and would recommend them? 

Also how do they compare to an Orange MicroTerror or MicroDark? 

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    edited September 2018
    Yep yep yep

ZoMBie is a Mesa clone, the MeteOR is the orange one... 
    Imo the zombie is far superior to the orange offerings... It's a one trick pony but it does the trick very well. Pretty solid build and lots of nifty features. 

Would choose the bantamp over orange micro any day.

A zombie lived in my house for about 6m.. it now loves with the original owner round the corner but it is still missed :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Anything will be better than the Micro Terror and Micro Dark, terrible amps. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the advice, does anyone know where in the uk I could try one out?
  • There’s a Joyo shop in Walkden (near Salford). I keep meaning to make the journey over myself but just haven’t got round to it. The address is on the Joyo website...

http://www.joyoeffectpedals.co.uk/a-local-music-shop/
  • What’s the Fender-ish one like? Any good?
    edited September 2018
    TheMarlin said:
    What’s the Fender-ish one like? Any good?
    Yep.. they are all pretty remarkable for the price.

I think Thomann have a video with Robert Baker comparing the joyo's to the amp it's based on.. the joyo's is never as good but it's not far off, and there is usually close to a grand between them

Edit: found it

Here's the Marshall one too...

• I've got a Micro Terror and a Zombie. The Micro Terror is "ok" with certain settings. But it's nothing amazing and it's a purchase I regret.

The Zombie though is great fun. It sounds fabulous - especially through my HB 2x12 V30 cab. In clean mode it takes pedals surprisingly well. In dirt mode it is very full on and particularly fun for metal riffing. And for a little amp it does pack some neat features - there's the effects loop for one, and the bluetooth - allowing you to jam along with music from your phone. 

Yep, as @Grumpyrocker says. All good things :) With the right cab it can easily keep up with a loud drummer too.. 
    I'm quite tempted by the Vivo (5150 clone) :)
  • I've got a Micro Terror and a Zombie. The Micro Terror is "ok" with certain settings. But it's nothing amazing and it's a purchase I regret.

The Zombie though is great fun. It sounds fabulous - especially through my HB 2x12 V30 cab. In clean mode it takes pedals surprisingly well. In dirt mode it is very full on and particularly fun for metal riffing. And for a little amp it does pack some neat features - there's the effects loop for one, and the bluetooth - allowing you to jam along with music from your phone. 
    I was thinking of getting a HB 1x12 to go with it - for mainly bedroom practice would you say the 2x12 sounds significantly better? Or do you think I should be fine with the 1x12? Thanks
  • I haven't heard the 1x12. But I'm very happy with the 2x12 and I've no reason to suppose the 1x12 won't be as good.

I had been playing it through a 1x12 - sounded great.
    Also tried it through two 1x12's which also sounded great - Was using Blackstar 1 x 12 cabs, my mate (who owns it) also has the HT5 mini stack so it gets plugged through that.