Q418C m_c has a kit

What's Hot
m_cm_c Frets: 1211
edited September 2018 in Making & Modding

Well, it looks like I'm officially in...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    So with the official build start day looming I've been thinking about this, and I sort of have a plan.

It's a FuzzPup Crusher, aka an analog bit crusher, and I'm hoping the end musical result will be a bit different, and give me an effect I've had in my head for a while.

The kit itself doesn't look that complicated, so my plan to make things a bit more challenging is to do something a bit different with the enclosure, based around something artistic related to the name, which means I'll need to brush up on my drawing skills :-/

Enclosure size, I'm currently thinking something compact-ish, but I think a 1590A might be just too compact for my idea, and a standard 1590B looks a bit big and clunky. I really need to build the kit first, and think about any extra bits I might add before making a decision though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One day il do my own pedal. Tell me how hard this one was and if all the parts were right/fit and I'll have a look at buying one
    To take a break from trying to figure out how to program a bit machinery to do what I'd like it to do earlier, I dug out the notepad.
    The initial idea came from a geeky mate of mine, in the form off, "Little industrial machine picture with a sin wave/conveyor belt going in one side and coming out jaggy or square wavey on the other. If the machine looks like a press of some sort all the better"

So this is draft one-

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Time for a bit thread resurrection.

Given my renewed interest in filming things, I've spent the past few evenings tidying up to get a clear workbench, got the camera setup earlier, started recording. Didn't bother running through the entire BOM to check it was there, just sorting out the resistors into resistance as everything should have been pretty straightforward.
    Got the resistors and capacitors soldered in nicely, then discovered the 2N5457 FET is missing from the kit :-(

So everything is now on hold until I get the missing FET.

What a bizarre effect =) 

Finally got the circuit board finished up today, hooked it up with various jumper wires, and it's very noisy and very weird.