NAD - Princeton Reverb '68 (Custom) Reissue

What's Hot
KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
Just got this home after buying it from @thecolourbox. It really benefits from winding the volume up a bit! I love the silverface look, but my plan is to gut the chassis and install a blackface-style circuit on turret board plus a 12in speaker (Jensen Jet Falcon?) and do some judicious modding (bias pot for a start) and valve-swapping. I intend to start a thread in Making and Modding. In the meantime here are a couple of pics I nicked from @thecolourbox:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Happy new amp day mate, hope you enjoy it and the project goes well.

Will be following your progress with the modifications!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    edited September 2018
    Happy new amp day mate, hope you enjoy it and the project goes well.

Will be following your progress with the modifications!
    Cheers!

Modding thread starts here.
    edited September 2018
    Took the Princeton (at present unmodded!) to an open mic night, along with my 1985 MIJ Squier Tele that @miserneil recently fret-dressed. I took a drive pedal but ended up not using it, as I set the amp volume to about 7 and used the guitar's volume control to go from clean to dirty to dirtier. It sounded great, and two other guitarists complimented me on its tone. No massive rush to mod it now...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12337
    I bought one of these with the intention of a speaker swap and the bass mod, sounds brilliant as it is and have scrapped the plan. The tremolo is just lovely. 

Glad your our pleased with it.can’t get to 7 at home but with pedals sounds terrific. 
    I tried it at 7 at home and there was a loud scream of surprise from Mrs Keefy in the next room! 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    @Kerry you're in Swindon? Which jam night?

I bought one recently and have a rajun cajun in mine. Would be interesting to 0lay them along side each other.
    edited September 2018
    Hi @newi123 I was at the RAFA Club in Old Town, it alternates venues with the Sun Inn at Coate. I either go to the RAFA, the Baker's Arms in Stratton, or Hungerford RBL. Come and say hello, I look like this without a cowboy hat:

Also, who is Kerry!?
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    Also, who is Kerry!?
    The joys of auto correct!

Which night is that on? I`ll try and pop down one week!
    Thursday nights at the RAFA club alternating with the Sun Inn - Facebook group.

The Hungerford open mic is on a Friday, date varies - PM me for a FB friend request, then I'll remember to copy you in when they get announced.