SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 1974 Silverface Fender Pro Reverb 2x12 50w Combo PRICE DROP £700

Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
edited October 2018 in Amps £
1974 Fender Silverface Reverb 50 watt 2x12 valve amp combo, sounds superb, in full working order and recently serviced. The original speakers have been replaced with a pair of WGS G12C America Vintage (original speakers that were in it will be included in the sale).

It's got that signature Fender clean tone, with superb luscious Reverb and Tremolo, crank it up for a tasty bit of grit and natural overdrive. It's the same circuit as the Super Reverb but in a 2x12 format instead of 4x10 and these early versions (before they added master volumes and what not) is very close to that of a Black Face. Pro Reverbs for some reason never became that popular, but they're ideal for the modern guitarist that needs enough volume to be heard over a drummer but able to get that lovely edge of break up without blowing the windows out. Think of it as a Deluxe Reverb with more clout.

Some components have been replaced over the years to keep it in tip top condition for the studio and stage, so this isn't a museum piece, more of a players amp. Most importantly the transformers are all original and 'the sound' is there in buckets.

Lots of gut shot pics available, get in touch if you'd like me to email them over.

I'm after £800 £700. I'm based in Exeter at the end of the M5, willing to travel an hour in any direction. Any questions, please ask.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments