Seagull S6

grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1341
edited September 2018 in Acoustics
I know there's a lot of high end acoustic peops out there in TFBland but just wanted to say how impressed I was with the above..

Grabbed one for £200 off sleezebay as it was local and I just wanted something to have a knock around on. Is was in need of some love with old, heavy strings and an action that could 'do with improvement'

Good clean... Had a look at the bridge and it was up on four packers so whipped those out and replaced the strings with some a little more appropriate for my digits. 

Got a great, low action and plays like butter all over the neck. Sounds pretty nice for £200 and bit of elbow grease.

Si
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I had a Simon and Patrick 12 string (also part of the Godin family of guitars) epic sounding beast it was. Really well made, but HUGE! Like playing a wardrobe with strings on, 

ive liked every one of the seagull guitars I’ve played so far, I just don’t like the pointy headstock! 
    for £200 I’d say that’s a bargain. 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600

ive liked every one of the seagull guitars I’ve played so far, I just don’t like the pointy headstock! 
    Same here. I just can't live with the headstock.
  • Kilgore said:

Same here. I just can't live with the headstock.
    I know what you mean but it's sort of grown on me tbh.. case of having to live with it!

Cheggers can't be Boozers and all that :)