NGD ( Brook content )

Paid my second visit to the cottage in the middle of nowhere & left clutching my new Torridge  grinning like a cheshire cat, can't thank Andy & Simon enough for letting me have this, played it last week with a few others & it really stood out for me, after a brief search of the market place I knew I had to have it. Not the best day to take pics but I've attached a couple of my Torridge with bubinga back & sides, the main selling point for me was the neck profile that they use, nut width of 44mm it also feels similar to the regular profile on my '97 PRS in terms of shape & depth, scale length of 24.75" is also easy on the fingers. As for sound its almost piano like if that makes any sense with a surprising amount of volume available from what appears to be a small body. 
 If like me you have hand & joint issues, search out a Brook, it could be exactly what you need.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ca7yoxxark8p74/AAACKU_u4yYMTO0PgMXebnz8a?dl=0
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I A/B'd the Taw that I ended up buying (with Bubinga back/sides) against one with a Rosewood back/sides and there really is something in the way it projected more and sounded clearer - which some (like me) will prefer and others won't. 

Hope the love lasts. Mine has so far (2 years in...). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    Happy NGD....The cottage in the middle of nowhere is a magical place  :)
  • Lovely stuff, the back looks fantastic. Happy NGD.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Beautiful guitar - any chance of a soundclip?
    One day I shall add to the Tavy I have (yew B&S with walnut/cherry neck), and reckon one of the smaller Brooks will fit the bill nicely. 
    The chaps down at Brook are a superb bunch - very accomodating and superb craftsmen. Enjoy!

Adam
  • That looks stunning, the back is just beautiful.Did you get to choose from a range of sets or did you just specify which tone wood you wanted and let them get on with it?
  • Hi, I have a lovely Taw for sale if anyone is interested. They are beautiful  guitars with amazing bulld quality. The workshop Is great to visit, Andy and Simon super hosts.