Easy battery access?

clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
edited September 2018 in FX
Been trying a battery with my reissue '74 Phase 90, I'm thinking I'd like to try it for a longer time, I'd like to maybe rehouse it if possible and stick it down on the pedalboard.  Problem is of course changing the battery.

Anybody aware of a box that has easy access to the battery, like say the old Arion pedals, that I could use?

I've considered the normal Hammond style boxes and cutting up the "base", using one upside-down, but I don't have the tools, or the skills, and I'd still need a screwdriver to change the bloomin thing
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited September 2018
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72293
    Just get a Boss PH-1R. It can nail the sound of the Phase 90 exactly - I had both at the same time, and it was possible to set the Boss so you couldn't tell which was on. I know a lot of people won't believe this! But true...

Or fit the Phase 90 with a power socket - it's just a reissue, so no concern about 'vandalising' a vintage pedal - although I would anyway, unless it was in truly mint collector condition.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timbuk02 said:
    Brilliant, thank you, why didn't I think of that? :)

ICBM said:
    Just get a Boss PH-1R. It can nail the sound of the Phase 90 exactly - I had both at the same time, and it was possible to set the Boss so you couldn't tell which was on. I know a lot of people won't believe this! But true...

Or fit the Phase 90 with a power socket - it's just a reissue, so no concern about 'vandalising' a vintage pedal - although I would anyway, unless it was in truly mint collector condition.
    I've already rehoused it temporarily to use a power socket. But messing about this week with a battery that measures 10v it sounded "more", and my big problem has always been it sounds good but too subtle, like it needs a volume pot :) The battery seems to give it something and I'd like to trial the idea for a bit.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    edited September 2018
    What about housing batteries in a box similar to the Rack Systems one that Vertex copied and run a battery connector to the pedal?

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Boromedic said:
    What about housing batteries in a box similar to the Rack Systems one that Vertex copied and run a battery connector to the pedal?
    I had considered it, maybe even just a single battery size box might work, just wondering about a single box solution first.  But thank you :)
  • Ne bother, hope you find a solution!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• This might be what you're looking for - you can get them in most electronics shops, including Maplin:

https://uk.farnell.com/pro-power/sbh-9vas-dc/battery-holder-w-dc-plug-pp3-9v/dp/2646479

• breadfan said:
    This might be what you're looking for - you can get them in most electronics shops, including Maplin:

https://uk.farnell.com/pro-power/sbh-9vas-dc/battery-holder-w-dc-plug-pp3-9v/dp/2646479
    Thanks :) Like the switch which would simplify things. And I wouldn't have to keep opening up the Phase 90 :)

Be nice if power supplies came with a pot to dial in a little more voltage, like up to a max of say 10.5v :)
  • clarkefan said:

Be nice if power supplies came with a pot to dial in a little more voltage, like up to a max of say 10.5v :)
    Some do. I can't recall which off the top of my head but you should be able to find out here
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    clarkefan said:
    breadfan said:
    This might be what you're looking for - you can get them in most electronics shops, including Maplin:

Thanks :) Like the switch which would simplify things. And I wouldn't have to keep opening up the Phase 90 :)

You can get 9v battery box cheaper and without Farnell's rip off postage charge at RS Components

• clarkefan said:

Some do. I can't recall which off the top of my head but you should be able to find out here
    Thanks I'll check it out :)