Italia Rimini 6

What's Hot
Anyone know anything about these guitars? I can't seem to find any reviews but they're probably the most similar looking guitars to rickenbackers. http://www.hotroxuk.com/italia-rimini-6-string-cherry-sunburst.html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=organic&gclid=CjwKCAjw0JfdBRACEiwAiDTALnzy6LBr9XbSSuPsGQdVao-HuHkkgs79ema3GzXRZHr4qatrUAAqOxoCN6YQAvD_BwE ;
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    great guitars play and sound amazing ..
  • Cool looking guitar. I know nothing about them, but do like the look of them and, at the risk of inducing GAS, would also be interested in any feedback.
  • mark123 said:
    great guitars play and sound amazing ..
    How does it sound compared to a rickenbacker? I think ricks have single coil pickups and that has mini humbuckers but it certainly looks the part.
  • I had a 12 string Rimini, it was great, it didn't sound like a Rickenbacker though, it had mini humbuckers.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    I had a 12 string Rimini, it was great, it didn't sound like a Rickenbacker though, it had mini humbuckers.
    this ...it was ok sound
    but not a ricky 
  • Italia along with Vintage, Indie, and Fret King are designed and built by Trevor Wilkinson. All with Wilkinson hardware. 

Rimini’s are great.  I had the 12 string, wish I’d kept it. 

I really like Italia, they made some cool guitars over the years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Not a Rimini, but I had a Torino, when I first sta BUTrted getting (back) into guitars. I bought it new and had a hell of a job selling it. But - I thought it was an impressive piece of kit, at about £550 new, and if I hadn't started becoming a guitar snob, should have kept it. It was (I think) 'trans orange' and looked bloody great. 
    Call me Dave.
  • TheMarlin said:
    Italia along with Vintage, Indie, and Fret King are designed and built by Trevor Wilkinson. All with Wilkinson hardware. 

I never knew that they were all started by the same person! Those vintage guitars are quite good. Are the italias built to the same standard?
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    I had a Rimini 6 for a while. It was a nicely built, nicely finished guitar. 

When it came to me it had already been modded up with some old Schaller tuners and Artec toaster top style humbuckers, so can't speak of it form stock. It sounded lovely, held it's tuning very well but ultimately i just couldn't get on with the fingerboard radius which seemed very flat compared to the Fenders i generally play. Worth a go if there is one close by as you may love it but it just didn't feel right to me as i guess I'm a bit stuck in my ways. Hope that doesn't put you off as it was very nice, just not what i felt comfortable with.
  • Calum13 said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Italia along with Vintage, Indie, and Fret King are designed and built by Trevor Wilkinson. All with Wilkinson hardware. 

I never knew that they were all started by the same person! Those vintage guitars are quite good. Are the italias built to the same standard?
    I believe they’re built to a better standard than Vintage.  Some Italias are built in the same factory as Duesenberg. 

• TheMarlin said:
    Calum13 said:
    TheMarlin said:

I believe they’re built to a better standard than Vintage.  Some Italias are built in the same factory as Duesenberg. 
    They are awesome used buys.  Can be had for not a lot of money.