NGD: Levinson Blade Tele (Delta Standard)

What's Hot
Just picked this up as I fancied a Tele. It was only up the road from me so why not? Always remembered the name from the 80s albeit I only remembered Strats from them. Pleasantly surprised how good it is. It’s in absolutely mint nick and has a bareknuckle pick up in the bridge (allegedly- how could I check that? Are they marked/branded anywhere?). The price didn’t reflect the price of a barenuckle. The boost switch has 3 positions so lots of sound options. Oh and it’s heavy!

Anyone know much more about these or how old this is likely to be? The guy I bought it off took it as a trade for an amp so didn’t know much about it.

https://imgur.com/a/38fWCsb
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    No info I'm afraid but CAR is my favourite colour for a Tele. Looks lovely, congrats. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a Blade T2; its their earlier Tele, mine is from 1989 and was hand made in their workshop in Japan and it is superb, if very heavy for a Tele type guitar.  The current equivalent to mine is the Delta Classic, the "Standard" series are either made either in Korea or Indonesia to a price point and have to say I have never made any Standard series Blade but Garry Levinson is known for his attnetion to detail and certiamly my Japanese Blades stand up against any high end guitars and of a similar quality to my US core PRS.  If you have any questions about your guitar, drop them an email with the serial number and Christian Hallstat at Blade will get back to you quickly.  Great guitars and a great company to deal with.  I reckon you ghave probably got a bargain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Don't think bare knuckle have any kind of marking. You could check the wiring colour code and if that's not the same then you'll know it isn't. If it is the same it won't necessarily prove it is though.

Quite an interesting point, how can anyone buying second hand bkp ever know that's what they're really buying?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom