Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New YouTube channel *burst update!!

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
edited May 2019 in Guitar
hi guys, long time member here but rarely share my music and I was hoping this would be of interest to a lot of people here.

Basically, I realised that a lot of the vintage guitar specific YouTube channels that I frequent were showcasing a particular guitarists ‘hot licks’ rather than putting the guitar into a songwriter’s perspective. I am predominantly a singer/songwriter with a hint of guitarist thrown in... so let’s see what I get up to with a tasty vintage guitar in my hands (provided by a different dealer each episode) playing my songs with my band..

First up is a 1956 Tele on loan from @ATB_Guitars which was simply a joy to play, loved every second!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx6imNXpTjNwvKcSJ9h6b6A

There is is also a ‘guitar aficionado’ vid which is just the still shot of me playing the guitar. 

I hope the admins don’t mind me posting this here given my long term membership and interaction. If so please feel free to move to a more suitable place. I just really want everyone who might be interested in this venture to hear/see it!
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    edited September 2018
    Superb stuff. I have a few vintage guitars - a couple from @ATB_Guitars (Mike's a good guy - I have no affiliation, apart from being a customer) with a couple more on the way. I currently have a 1956 ES-5 Switchmaster, a 1955 ES-125, a 1938 ES-150 and a 1959 ES-225, with a 1948 ES-300 and 1968 blonde ES-330 on the way in terms of vintage stuff, plus a 1963 LG-1. I know we're a few miles apart (I'm in Staffordshire), but you're more than welcome to get in touch and borrow them if logistics permit. 

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1 said:
    Superb stuff. I have a few vintage guitars - a couple from @ATB_Guitars (Mike's a good guy - I have no affiliation, apart from being a customer) with a couple more on the way. I currently have a 1956 ES-5 Switchmaster, a 1955 ES-125, a 1938 ES-150 and a 1959 ES-225, with a 1948 ES-300 and 1968 blonde ES-330 on the way in terms of vintage stuff, plus a 1963 LG-1. I know we're a few miles apart (I'm in Staffordshire), but you're more than welcome to get in touch and borrow them if logistics permit. 

Very good of you mate, thanks!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    Wow.... instantly reminded me vocally of Gary Moore and fantastic Vibrato.... Come to think of it, the guitar parts also reminded me of Gary... definitely meant as a compliment  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Neat :smile: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Superb playing and some great videography. Subbed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1 said:
    Wow.... instantly reminded me vocally of Gary Moore and fantastic Vibrato.... Come to think of it, the guitar parts also reminded me of Gary... definitely meant as a compliment  :)
    Thanks very much @tone1 that is indeed a compliment and a half  :3
  • You and the band sound great, thanks for the vid.
  • Awesome job. Great band behind you
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16081
    You gave me a couple of your CDs when I did an amp deal with you a couple of years ago and met you at your Sunday Lunchtime residency..............I have really enjoyed your music including this.
    The Tele sounded very "woody"........superb
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1173
    Well now that was enjoyable.
  • That was beautiful and very tastefully done! 

You've got yourself a sub. 

Great pipes too :) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Great stuff, some very tasty playing mate, subbed also! 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Thanks everyone! The goal is 1000 subscribers so thanks to those who have! 

Next month it’s a rather tasty cherry red 1964/5 ES-335 with Bigsby which I completely fell for. Great fun at the shoot! Not good for a GAS inflicted fellow such as myself though  :#
  • @jimmyguitar the main thing that helps build yt channels is regular content. 

The internet is insatiable! That first vid will leave people thirsty for more, and a month between uploads is a very long time. My tuppence worth. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Cant wait to check this out this eve @jimmyguitar . I'll be subscribing! 
  • amp? effects?

• I've splashed it on Facebook too. Beautiful vocals man! 

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    I thought that was excellent, I'm absolutely bored f##king rigid of just noodling demos, every jb clip is just the same ol stuff which doesn't show what the old guitars are really good at imo, it's nice to hear it in a band and I'd like to hear more clean demos if possible

Subbed
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Very nice guys, well done - liked the song and some nice tasteful guitar playing too.  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • @jimmyguitar the main thing that helps build yt channels is regular content. 

The internet is insatiable! That first vid will leave people thirsty for more, and a month between uploads is a very long time. My tuppence worth. 
    Thanks, you have a valid point there. The only issue is that it costs a fair whack to do it so the plan is to shoot 4 songs on the day and spread the releases over the following 4 months. Unfortunately the first shoot took a while to set up so we only ended up with 2 songs! Next time we’ll set up quicker and get more content.