A visit to The Rocker’s grave

RockerRocker Frets: 4947
As per title, I paid my respects at Phil Lynott’s grave yesterday. The #31 or the #31a bus from Talbot Street, Dublin stops at the entrance to St Fintan’s cemetary in Sutton close to Howth Head in north County Dublin. And brings you back to Talbot street!  The cemetary is in a quiet area near the Irish sea. Oddly the headstones are laid flat at grass level. This makes it difficult to locate a particular grave but online help and directions from a lady visiting her family members grave got me to Philos plot. 36 is too young to die but Phil lived a full and interesting life. RIP
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ahh, I think that's a thing I'd like to do if I was anywhere near. Not quite sure what it achieves but he was very much my first rock idol. Like many great things he was from the Black Country. 

Is it obviously a celebrity grave with flowers and scarves and that kind of thing?

I think the only celeb grave I've seen is Alexander McQueen's but that was by accident - it's up a hill on the Isle of Skye so it's not on the tourist path really.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom