Home set up questions

Looking to set up a basic studio in my man cave.
I never gig so was looking to set up Helix Native on a PC, with some monitors and use this for my main home rig, 
So questions are,
1. Are there any alternatives to Native i should look at?
2. Any budget recommendations for interfaces? will only ever be 1 guitar and possibly a mic?
3. Do the monitors connect directly to the PC or via the interface

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Bias Fx and Scuffham S-Gear pretty much fule the roost as far as guitar plug ins go, interface really does depend on what your budget is and what interface you have on your PC. The old Line 6 UX range works very well and you can pick one up for @£50 or so. The monitors connect to the output of the interface, again here a lot depends on your budget
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Thanks @sweepy ;
    Gonna try and keep budget low as possible as i want to see if its something i can live with long term.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    You really can't go wrong with a s/h pair of Beringer Truth monitors usually under £100
  • sweepy said:
    Bias Fx and Scuffham S-Gear pretty much fule the roost as far as guitar plug ins go, interface really does depend on what your budget is and what interface you have on your PC. The old Line 6 UX range works very well and you can pick one up for @£50 or so. The monitors connect to the output of the interface, again here a lot depends on your budget
    helix pisses all over bias to my ears...I have both.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • If you like metal then Fortin Nameless is the one to beat.

I also really like Mercuriall Spark for a range of Marshall tones.

But you’ll still want something like Native, Amplitube 4, or S Gear to round it out 
  • If you aren’t in a rush it’s likely there will be software deals on Black Friday
  • I use a Komplete Audio 6 interface - fast, simple and does everything I need at the quality levels I want. We just recorded our album with it (everything but the drums). The monitors plug into the interface, by the way.

Why not get yourself an interface, then download the Native demo and give it a go? You've got two weeks to decide whether you want it or not, or to compare it to all the others.

I personally swear by it, not least because of the fancy schmancy routing...which you can't really do with any other plugin on a single track.
    <space for hire>
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    If you're buying an interface plus native why don't you get a second hand helix lt?
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    fnpt said:
    If you're buying an interface plus native why don't you get a second hand helix lt?
    I think i may go this route, either LT or Stomp