Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Apprentice.

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
Dear lord...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Do we need to link the video again? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
    Odious bunch this time. I'm going to enjoy this!
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Absolute gold. 

The high levels of greed and ambition of the candidates are perfectly offset by their levels of self awareness. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30864
    The opening trailer confirmed, without doubt, that every single one is a complete and utter cunt.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    But as Claude said "none of them are stupid!" Of course he neglected to mention In the interview that they are complete and utter muppets..
    LuttiS said:
    But as Claude said "none of them are stupid!" Of course he neglected to mention In the interview that they are complete and utter muppets..

When I worked for James Caan, I met Claude many times. One of the funniest and nicest blokes you’ll ever meet, cricket barmy. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiS said:
    But surely they are the “cream of British business talent”?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Also, I miss the absolute eye candy that was Andrew Brady in the last series. he was seriously hot.

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5356
    <Boring old fart>
    I really don't get the appeal of watching a bunch of utter arseholes with no commendable qualities behave like selfish children with no self-awareness and no attempt to give them an epiphany that just maybe they and all their 'ideals' are the problem.

I also reckon the Apprentice actively contributes to an increasing incidence of similar behaviour and attitude by people at my clients. Which will shortly lead to some of them being ex-clients. It normalises utter amoral teflon ****ishness. 

Vapid wankers contributing directly to the downfall of civilisation. Mutter mumble munt.</Boring Old Fart>

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    <Boring old fart>
    I really don't get the appeal of watching a bunch of utter arseholes with no commendable qualities behave like selfish children with no self-awareness and no attempt to give them an epiphany that just maybe they and all their 'ideals' are the problem.

I also reckon the Apprentice actively contributes to an increasing incidence of similar behaviour and attitude by people at my clients. Which will shortly lead to some of them being ex-clients. It normalises utter amoral teflon ****ishness. 

Vapid wankers contributing directly to the downfall of civilisation. Mutter mumble munt.</Boring Old Fart>

Not much of a fan then?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    Snags said:
    <Boring old fart>

Wis’d. I can’t bear to watch it anymore. And let’s us never forget that this is the show launched Katie Hopkins’ media career.  :s
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
    I’ve not seen the latest, so I’m commenting from assumption rather than knowledge (which is always dangerous!).

I thought the first couple of series were pretty good.  Different, creative.  It could have gone in the direction of showing some of the real challenges that younger/ambitious people face in solving business-based problems and supporting some more entrepreneurial activity.

But it proved too popular to be made that boring!

The BBC has to chase ratings (the popular press say that the licence payers demand it), so we get another dumbed-down series of sound bites that are easy to ridicule, and another bunch of the young and naive who (assuming that they develop some self-awareness in later lives) will probably cringe at most of their appearances in the TV clips.

Shame.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    edited October 2018
    You'd be massively uninterested if they were a bunch of moderate, reasonable people who did their best but didn't try to hog the limelight.

Edit- I was posting before ^^^ was posted.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Ha ha to the Mitchell & Webb! That was such a great sketch show.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Past it's sell by date. Worth voting for Corbyn so the 'Titan of business, Lord Sugar' fucks off somewhere else.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9655
    Another season of deluded hopefuls trying to sell tat under slightly challenging conditions.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    It seems a requirement for the selection process is "Never watched past episodes of the show"
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6263

I watched it, and enjoyed it, but it is a bit boring really. What never ceases to amaze me is how ignorant some of them are, and seem to have little awareness of just how life works, where places are etc etc. Didn't they go to school?

That kid who managed the bloke's team: oh, he's thick, should be some good stuff with him in it.

They all seem to be from the North West too.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14174
    tFB Trader
    I'd have fired the north American lass ( not sure if Yankie or Canadian) last night as well as the northern lass - Hated both immensely regarding their attitudes - You'd hate having to put up with either moaning like that all day

Made me laugh when one said 'where is Malta' and one replied 'near Spain' - then a pause - 'I think'