Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Apprentice.

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    With the latest episode.. I'm sure part of the qualifying process is to make sure they have never watched the show in the past..

Said something negative about product in pitch..

Didn't expect to get fired.

Got fired for saying something negative about product in pitch.

Every single series... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446

I'd rather watch Chappers than the apprentice these days.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I don't watch it (saw a bit once because it was filmed in a building I designed for), but I do read the threads in the hope of a good quote I can reuse. Favourite so far is "don't tell me the sky's the limit - there are footprints on the moon!". Which I have used in real life. 
    "The fish stinks from the head down!". I shall be using that one.  
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited October 2018
    I'm a bit disappointed that Kurran Poona does not talk and move at the same time.  He's no Steven Toast.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve watched it for years, with the increasing feeling over time that the characters and dialogue are hyped up beyond all hyperbole in order to make entertaining TV. Still, I’ve persevered and enjoyed the odd episode.

However, I’ve really struggled with this series so far - the first episode in particular - the candidates are so fucking annoying. It’s grating on me more than usual. Plus, the dialogue is now such that if people spoke to one another that way (especially Sugar and Karen to Weds the candidates), there’d be grievances and suspensions all over the place. 

Like with most reality TV shows, it started off as an interesting experiment but the hype and craziness overtook it and it has become a bloated, freakish monster.

• He's no Steven Toast.
    That was a Pearl Jam song, no?

• He's no Steven Toast.
    That was a Pearl Jam song, no?
    I believe that you're thinking of You're No Steven Toast by Sleater Kinney.
  • I hope that these guys do not ruin donuts for me.
    They look so bad... :/
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6901
    It’s currently on the tv box in my house. The trouble and strife is watching it - but I’m drinking coffee, playing bass and browsing this place.

It’s fucking shite - 15 fucktards trying to sell donuts for a profit of about 3 pence each.

And Sugar is cunt. I wouldn’t grovel to him and call him Lord sugar - I’d just call him Al and probably get fired. But then I wouldn’t want to be involved in this drivel anyway.

Rant over!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I think they should pull the plug on the format tbh. I stopped watching it a few years back and even at that I’d only watch the challenge then put it off. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Iamnobody said:
    It’s currently on the tv box in my house. The trouble and strife is watching it - but I’m drinking coffee, playing bass and browsing this place.

It’s fucking shite - 15 fucktards trying to sell donuts for a profit of about 3 pence each.

And Sugar is cunt. I wouldn’t grovel to him and call him Lord sugar - I’d just call him Al and probably get fired. But then I wouldn’t want to be involved in this drivel anyway.

Rant over!
    You’re fired!
    I watch it for Al's puns...
  • LuttiS said:
    I watch it for Al's puns...
    I don't care if someone else writes his stuff, it worked for me with Kurran's broken arm.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    LuttiS said:
    How can anyone with even the smallest fraction of a brain think it's a good idea to stick whole Jammie Dodgers and Custard Creams on top of donuts?

And that was the winning team....
  • Philly_Q said:
    LuttiS said:
    How can anyone with even the smallest fraction of a brain think it's a good idea to stick whole Jammie Dodgers and Custard Creams on top of donuts?

And that was the winning team....
    Because they were smart enough not to blast the donuts with Sriracha sauce!!! 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    Gassage said:
    Call me picky, but if one of those illiterate uneducated cunts uses ‘myself’ again when they actually should use ‘me’ or ‘I’, I will commit Apprenticide.
    My pet hate .........call centre type automatons who keep telling me " will that be acceptable to yourself ? " when they should say You. I think they are scripted on this to try and sound businesslike but it's simply bad English. I t seems to have caught on.
     The other one that bugs me is "the only way is Essex "Cretins who say " Where was yous ? "
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Never watched a single episode
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9661
    edited October 2018
    Am I out of touch? Donuts that cost a fiver each? What planet are they on? I do appreciate that they're not 'artisan' (shudder), but my local ASDA sells five for a quid. Even Krispy Kremes (which are a bit of a treat in Chez 9000) are around the two pound mark.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4668
    HAL9000 said:
    Am I out of touch? Donuts that cost a fiver each? What planet are they on? I do appreciate that they're not 'artisan' (shudder), but my local ASDA sells five for a quid. Even Krispy Kremes (which are a bit of a treat in Chez 9000) are around the two pound mark.
    This, i know its London  and all that , but fuck me, a fiver for a manky looking donut?