Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowd said:
    Got mine today. No chance to try it out yet but full marks for sticking a USB cable in the box. It’s the small things...
    Kev, I'd be very interested in your thoughts and findings  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So, this helix thingy. Can I add an effect to the delays of a, er, delay?
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    So, this helix thingy. Can I add an effect to the delays of a, er, delay?
    You can add multiple different effects to the delays of multiple delays and control the FX mix with the control pedal if you like.  Not a lot you cant do ;)
  • That sounds pretty cool
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Bought one today from PMT Manchester. The deal maker for me was the octave which is perfect for bass. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Just ordered one from Andertons .... should be here on Monday.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    HX Stomp are in the blackfriday10 code sale at PMT, so £418.50. Boxed items seem to be allocated so beware that there may only be demos left, but they may do the blackfriday deal on a back order allocation.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Good shout @TADodger ! All stock is BNIB according to the chap I spoke to at PMT.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    @simonk - there are none showing at the warehouse and the IM that I had on line said 'can't guarentee BNIB as store stock is being allocated'. I rang Birmingham and they had three delivered yesterday, one of which was bought by a member of staff and, one has been opened to show size to customer (box was empty) and one was BNIB ) and is now mine). Similar levels of delivery apply to other stores, so worth being cautious.
  • BenBen Frets: 114
    To anyone that has the Helix Floor / LT and now the Stomp. Is there still a delay in changing between presets at all? And if there is, is it any shorter than it was on the Floor / LT?
  • Ben said:
    To anyone that has the Helix Floor / LT and now the Stomp. Is there still a delay in changing between presets at all? And if there is, is it any shorter than it was on the Floor / LT?
    Ben, no delay at all on any Helix if you use Snapshots
  • BenBen Frets: 114
    Ben said:
    Ben, no delay at all on any Helix if you use Snapshots
    What about in Presets mode? With my Helix Floor there's a significant delay/gap when changing presets.

Was wondering, as the Stomp only has a 6-block path, if that had improved at all... as I also used to have the Atomic Amplifire (which had a set number path as well) and had zero delay/gap when changing presets.
  • TADodger said:
    HX Stomp are in the blackfriday10 code sale at PMT, so £418.50. Boxed items seem to be allocated so beware that there may only be demos left, but they may do the blackfriday deal on a back order allocation.
    Fuck it....order placed 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 334
    Is it possible to assign more external switches to add to the three?  If so any recommendations for external momentary type footswitches that would work with it?   Cheers. 
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 653
    edited November 2018
    HoraceB said:
    Is it possible to assign more external switches to add to the three?  If so any recommendations for external momentary type footswitches that would work with it?   Cheers. 
    Yes. I will be using my Morningstar MC6 MIDI controller, which has six switches, obviously giving me then a total of 9 to play with.

For footswitches, either the Boss options, or for something a little more compact, check out Bright Onion pedals website. 

As far as I know, you can only have another 2 assigned footswitches unless you use MIDI
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 334
    @smudge_lad ; Cheers for that.  TheMorningstar MC6 looks interesting but a little out of my budget atm but poss one for the future. For the moment I'll check out Bright Onion.
  • Would a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller work with it for £120?
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301

Would a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller work with it for £120?
    It probably would but have you seen the size of it? You might as well buy a Helix LT or Full
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Would a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller work with it for £120?
    Yeah it would, they're really customisable, I used one to run my rack untill I got the proper control! You can get them as cheap as £60 second hand. 

Only issue is it's about the size of an air craft carrier.