RIP Glen Taylor aka @wishbones

What's Hot
hoopshoops Frets: 224
Glen Taylor, a great friend and true gentleman with a wicked sense of humour known as Wishbones to this forum, passed away peacefully on September 8th 2018 after a long battle with cancer.

There was very little he didn’t know about Fender and Gibson guitars, he taught me a lot over the years and not just about the guitars.

He will be greatly missed by his family, friends, myself and anyone else who really knew him.        

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3876
    edited October 2018
    So sad. I'm really glad you posted this though @hoops , it'd have been a massive shame for him to have just been forgotten about/faded away. This is a nice little tribute to him.

Although I didn't know you Glen, I always lusted after that Tokai Tele of yours! RIP to 'one of ours'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    edited October 2018
    Really sad news. I’d met Glen many times and i’d always go and see him gig when he was playing near me. I bought his Tokai Telecaster from him a few years ago, but most of his stuff was far too good/high end for me.....
    As you say... a true Gentleman...R.I.P Glen

• pumkinpumkin Frets: 136
    I'll second all you've said @hoops ..... Glen was a great friend and a wealth of knowledge when it came to gear .... I'm going to miss our regular "'what have you got this week" chats . As a player he was definitely in the 'less is more ' camp ... never flashy but tasteful ... also quite a good bass player . Regarding his illness he never complained and carried himself with dignity throughout. 
      Rest in Peace mate . 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RIP Wishbones, I didn’t know you but nonetheless my condolences to friends and family, and I’d agree with the previous posters - very nice of the OP to post the tribute.
  • Nicely done @hoops and a tip of the hat to Wishbones as he makes his way off this Earth. Came across as a very nice guy on here , let’s hope wherever he’s going there’s a Lazy J and an old Les Paul waiting for him.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    had a very nice exchange of PM's shortly before his death, me dad was waiting for major cancer related surgery at that time it was good to hear his positive perspective even though he had heard the game was up for him.

He had had cancer for quite some time and certainly seemed to embrace what time he had left, and definitely resonated with myself...take home message for me was, stay positive, live your live well, and buy loads of nice gear always (he didnt really say that bit, but i am pretty sure we are all quite similar in that regard)
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2368
    RIP Wishbones. Sad news. He had my old Cunetto 60's Strat. We chatted often about guitars. A gent for sure. 
  • Only just found this sad news about Glen, I had bought a couple of guitars and an amp from him and found him to be a lovely bloke. Condolences to his family. RIP Glen.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.